Advanced search

Eyebrow product advice needed!

(21 Posts)
Justputyourshoesonnow Sun 15-Jan-17 09:09:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Justputyourshoesonnow Sun 15-Jan-17 09:09:36

TallulahBetty Sun 15-Jan-17 09:11:30

For everyday, I use Barry M eyebrow pencil called Brow Wow. Amazing.

Special occasions- Anastasia Beverly Hills brow pomade. It's only £15 from Beauty Bay. Fantastic stuff!

Sprink Sun 15-Jan-17 09:13:16

I get mine tinted and shaped every 4-5 weeks, so no longer use eyebrow pencils. It costs more, but the tint gives colour (and depth) to even the finest hair. It's a remarkable difference and I don't look like my toddler has been playing on me.

Wellitwouldbenice Sun 15-Jan-17 09:17:49

I've started using Benefit Gimme Brow which looks much more natural than an eyebrow pencil and is really easy to use (a few seconds..).

missmartha Sun 15-Jan-17 09:32:19

I had a session at the Benefit counter. The woman was very helpful and lovely. She tried Gimme Brow but my brows were a bit too sparse as I thought they might be.
She tried Brow Zings and that was perfect and I've been using it ever since.

bingohandjob Sun 15-Jan-17 12:31:29

Anastasia pomade with the matching brush. It is a little bit of a faff initially but it's brilliant and once you get hang of it and know how little you need to load the brush with. It stays put ALL DAY..I've swam in it, walked in beating down heat under a hat so nice sweaty brow and it does not budge. I'm blonde and went for the recommended paler shade and was worried it wouldn't offer enough definition but it does. It lasts ages too even though in tiny pot. I'd also recommend the GOSH eyebrow pencil or powder kit but ABH is the b0ll0cks for eyebrow stuff!

don't laugh but I use mens beard dye to tint mine myself, covers the grey bits in 10 mins and the tubes last ages as I only mix a bit at a time. then I just slick over with a clear brow fix when I make up.

itsbetterthanabox Sun 15-Jan-17 17:20:18

Pencils do look heavy and waxy.
A brow powder applied lightly with an angled brush then brushed through with a spoolie looks much more natural

Deux Sun 15-Jan-17 17:29:00

Rapid Lash or Rapid Brow or a similar type product may help thicken them up and encourage more growth.

I use Rapid lash on eye lashes and eyebrows and buy it from amazon as it's so much cheaper than Boots.

Riversiderunner Sun 15-Jan-17 17:29:51

OK I have tried lots recently as am in the same situation as you.

Funky products are aimed at a younger audience who are after probably more obviously defined brows than you (or me).

Wonderbrow - no, unless you want the heavy TOWIE look.

Ditto the Benefits one (can't remember the name) which was recommended on here.

The brilliant one I can really recommend is by Clarins - unfortunately it's 35 quid, but totally, totally worth it.

www.clarins.co.uk/perfect-eyes-brows-palette/0421591.html#start=1

LaundryQueenHatesIroning Sun 15-Jan-17 17:32:13

Another one here in the Anastasia BH Dip Brow Pomade camp, it does take a bit of practice but once you get the hang of it, it's superb. £15 might sound like a lot if you weren't planning on spending that much but it lasts forever. I got mine for my wedding 2.5years ago and it's still going strong. I would definitely get the brush with it too though.

Whatever you do don't get some stuff called Wonderbrow, it's even more expensive at £20 and absolute shite!

Riversiderunner Sun 15-Jan-17 17:32:26

Take it back about Benefits, it's the Soap and Glory one not Benefits that I didn't like.

www.soapandglory.com/makeup/eyes/archery-d-i-y-brow-bartm

This one - the wax you're meant to set it with leaves horrid white traces in your eyebrows, and the pale colour is too dark.

missjoanie Sun 15-Jan-17 17:33:34

Anastasia Dipbrow all the way. The pot lasts ages - had mine a year, use it every day and barely made a dent in it. Natural colour, stays put. Brilliant stuff.

caffelatte100 Sun 15-Jan-17 18:45:32

I use Benefit Brow Zings and also gimme brow. I think that both of them are really good. That said, the soap and glory one might be a good (cheaper) one to start with. i think that all these waxy ones are long lasting. How about booking an appointment at benefit brow bar and they can show you how to get a good look?

Fuzzypeggy Sun 15-Jan-17 19:18:05

I gave up pencils in favour of benefit Ka-Brow which I love. It's a tiny brush with very very firm bristles with a product they call a cream gel. That doesn't describe it well, it's not creamy or gel-like but it is really good. Comes in 6 shades I think.

Oblomov16 Sun 15-Jan-17 19:28:57

Reading with interest. My eyebrows need something.

Justputyourshoesonnow Sun 15-Jan-17 20:33:59

OnTheUp13 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:59:21

Freedom do a good dupe of the Anastasia brow pomade. It's £5.

NYX micro brow pencil is my fav product ever

Haffiana Sun 15-Jan-17 21:00:50

I use this:
www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/suqqu-eyebrow-liquid-pen_396-3000994-LIQUIDPEN/

I have fairly normal brown eyebrows; never plucked them. This just adds back what time and age has removed!

Beautifullymixed Sun 15-Jan-17 21:44:24

My brows are so fine, that the beautician refused to tint them, as she said she would be tinting mostly skin....blush
They have always been sparse.
I love sleek eyebrow pencil.
It fills them in wonderfully, and looks very natural.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now