Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrows and foundation!

(10 Posts)
Girlwhowearsglasses Sun 15-Jan-17 08:39:55

Talk to me about avoiding getting a massive load of gunky foundation in eyebrows! I only use tinted foundation most of the time but it's really annoying.

Do you remove afterwards or avoid in first place? How?

conkerpods Sun 15-Jan-17 08:55:06

I now do my eyebrows first as I'm using Wunderbrow and they advise no base. And when I put my foundation on I literally just use it the places I need to,in my case my red cheeks. And I don't go near my eyebrows!

Beautifullymixed Sun 15-Jan-17 09:02:16

Avoid in the first place!
I apply my primer, then foundation, making sure i don't overload the eyebrow area, as it's prone to caking if not careful, using my real techniques sponge clean edge to make sure the area between the eyebrows is fully blended out, and no foundation is on the eyebrows. This is the important bit!

I then brush my face powder on my eyebrows with a fat powder brush (to avoid skin oils spoiling my eyebrows), lastly, my eyebrows get finished. I use the sleek makeup brow stylist pencil, and my eyebrows last all day.

TallulahBetty Sun 15-Jan-17 09:03:09

Same as Conkerpods. I only use foundation where I need it, not all over.

Girlwhowearsglasses Sun 15-Jan-17 09:28:44

Thanks, I bought Wunderbow but of course now have realised I need a special brush. I'm not good with Special Brushes because I'm SO shortsighted hence the username I have to be three inches from the mirror (and brush too long). I'll have to get the hacksaw out.... grin

Fibbertigibbet Sun 15-Jan-17 09:51:19

It might not be for you, but look for a youtube video called "topping makeup". It shows a Korean actress doing her makeup all in one and it's really changed how I apply my base- try it!

BusterGonad Sun 15-Jan-17 15:04:44

If it's all over your eyebrows I'd be inclined to say you are wear too much. I put my foundation on in dots, one dot on each cheek, forehead and end of nose, I then use my brush to blend it all in. I then touch up anywhere that needs more cover with my brush and a bit of foundation which I put on the back of my hand.

Girlwhowearsglasses Sun 15-Jan-17 15:06:48

Oh maybe @bustergonad - it's tinted moisturiser and there has to be enough to actually moisturise. Perhaps I need separate then

BusterGonad Sun 15-Jan-17 15:11:05

If I were you I'd get a moisturizer suited to your skin, pop that on before breakfast then when you've eaten it's had time to sink in (5-10mins) then apply a light foundation, No7 stay perfect super light is very nice. If your skin is oily then pop a touch of loose powder on top, the trick with powder is pop some in a fluffy brush then gently tap the brush on a table edge to get rid of any excess.

Nicketynac Sun 15-Jan-17 21:21:30

I just watched the "topping makeup" videos and have now bought a stippling brush to try it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now