Advanced search

Warm coat for Canada?

(6 Posts)
FaeFolk Sun 15-Jan-17 06:30:50

Size 16.
Budget £80.

Any ideas?

Out2pasture Sun 15-Jan-17 06:45:40

Big country, varied weather. Where are you going and what will you be doing?
Sightseeing in Victoria is totally different than skiing in Banff.

bingohandjob Sun 15-Jan-17 07:07:39

Depends where you are going and what you are doing. I love Canada but have experienced the coldest weather ever in my life there - in the middle of the summer!
Uniqlo heattech layers are great and you can get extra warm ones and their down parkas are good. I'd be tempted to take something you already have a buy something over there as better range of cold/appropriate weather gear and will be cheaper there (I did this but was there for a month) but depends on how long you are going/where you are staying.

FaeFolk Sun 15-Jan-17 09:49:27

A week in Labrador. Just bumbling about with a friend.

Out2pasture Sun 15-Jan-17 11:04:30

Just like the rest of Canada right now is experiencing arctic cold weather and in the -25C range. It warms up to -8C for a few days then back to -20C. You'll need serious boots and coat, base layers etc. Even in Canada it's a challenge to find gear for that degree of cold. Most jackets have a temp range just make sure it's for C not F.
I'd suggest looking on the MEC website and having something delivered to your destination.

imjessie Sun 15-Jan-17 17:18:39

Zara down coat ! Size up though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now