Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Trouser length

(6 Posts)

I have a party to go to this weekend and have some v nice black wide leg trousers to wear. My problem is that I will be wearing them with a pair of v flat shoes - what is the right look for trousers these days? Should they be left as they are and worn a little too long or would I be best trying to take them up a little? (my sewing skills are poor!) They now touch the floor at my heel when I walk and I'm worried I'll ruin them on the walk to the party!
Thanks

totaleclipse Fri 23-Feb-07 09:36:14

I'd take them u very slightly, about half an inch.

OK, thanks...maybe just the hems width? So, do I tuck the hem under/inside the trouser leg and sew ...how (by hand - machine is out of action atm)? Don't want to spoil them by making a duff job of taking them up - they are nice £ monsoon trousers....

yoyo Fri 23-Feb-07 09:44:57

Was looking at the trouser lengths on the M&S site yesterday. If you want to see how to get it wrong check it out.

here

NbgsYellowFeathers Fri 23-Feb-07 09:45:33

Can you get to the shop and buy some of that iron on hem stuff?

Thanks yoyo - would deffo not want to end up with them like those!! I think trousers always look best worn longer...I hate cold ankles anyway!
I think perhaps a 1/2 inch would be OK though. They'd be perfect if I was wearing heels but as I'm not (and am unlikely to ever) I'm inclined to take them up. I'm heading into a (small) local towm soon so will try to find some of that hem stuff... otherwise I'll just leave them a little too long for this weekend's do and try to get them taken up by someone who knows what they're doing before I wear them again. I'm nervous of bodging it up cos they're v nice and I can see myself wearing them a lot...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now