Talk

Advanced search

What swimming costume for school trip?

(8 Posts)
IAmTheBFG Sat 14-Jan-17 19:57:12

My Dd is 15 and will be going on a trip to South America in the February half tem with her school. The packing list we have been provided with includes two swimming costumes and after talking with her friends my Dd has come to the conclusion that he would like to take one more modest, full length swimming costume and also a bikini. Her dillema is that while she is sure she wants to take a bikini, she is struggling to find one which isn't too revealing as she doesn't want a lot of her chest or bum on show. Does anybody know where I could find a bikini which isn't too revealing but would be met with approval by a fashion-concious teenager? Help!

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 14-Jan-17 20:02:12

Lots of fab, cheap, retro ones on Amazon with high waist bottoms and quite full tops.

BusterGonad Sun 15-Jan-17 16:16:02

Topshop have some high waist bottoms and bandeau style tops.

Sadik Sun 15-Jan-17 16:35:13

Would she be happier in board shorts (maybe something like this and bikini top (those shorts have matching one? That's what a lot of the teens round here seem to wear. Or a tankini with boyshort bottom half? (but tankinis possibly a bit passe?)

DianaT1969 Sun 15-Jan-17 17:22:17

Google 'high neck bikini' and 'surf bikini' and you'll see some nice ones.

OzzieFem Sun 15-Jan-17 18:19:39

Tankini. The top does not come off in the water like a bikini top can.

jelliedeel Sun 15-Jan-17 18:29:57

Definitely check out sports brands,they are really flattering, modest and way cooler than any high street offerings. Speedo, Maru, Uglies, Amanzi from online swimwear websites are good.

jelliedeel Sun 15-Jan-17 18:32:51

We buy from proswim and simply swim

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now