Talk

Advanced search

Can I wear a jumpsuit without looking awful?

(16 Posts)
UnGoogleable Sat 14-Jan-17 17:03:26

I love the halterneck jumpsuit look. But every time I try one on, it just looks awful - camel toe, belly sticking out, terrible.

I'm 5'11, size 12. Curvy with a small-ish waist but big hips and a very bloated looking tum. Bum has no definition, just generically fat-arsed.

So is there such a thing as a jumpsuit that won't give me camel toe and emphasize my huge belly? I'm guessing something with a belted waist and something to hide my belly.

Any suggestions, style geniuses?

beanfilledfish Sat 14-Jan-17 17:04:32

they are too short on me at 5ft 6!

lionsleepstonight Sat 14-Jan-17 17:36:56

I have this and its amazing on, but I did size up. I'm 5 3 curvy 14 and I get many compliments when I wear it, I think its due to the jersey and the draping.

www.google.co.uk/search?q=betty+barclay+navy+jumpsuit&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPw8ztlcLRAhUKLcAKHbX0Cm0Q_AUICCgC&biw=800&bih=1280#imgrc=BjfGm91CC88XIM%3A

EmmaC78 Sat 14-Jan-17 17:38:13

I managed to find a really flattering one on boohoo.com. I have a big bum and huge thighs and it made me look a lot better than I am in reality. There were loads on there to try so I just ordered a few and tried them on at home.

UnGoogleable Sat 14-Jan-17 17:48:41

Ooh thank you lovely ladies!

The one you have lion I can't see that flattering me, might look better on?

That BooHoo link is great, thank you Emma . I love this one www.boohoo.com/restofworld/boohoo-petite-playsuits+jumpsuits-/petite-julia-colour-block-cross-front-jumpsuit/invt/pzz96376

But it's 'Petite' and that's one thing I most definitely am not!

UnGoogleable Sat 14-Jan-17 17:52:00

Ooh just seen they do a tall version of that one I linked to.

Not sure if it would be rather 'camel-toe-y' though...?

Allthebestnamesareused Sat 14-Jan-17 17:59:12

Personally - jumpsuits on anyone - noooooooo

EmmaC78 Sat 14-Jan-17 18:06:11

Personally - jumpsuits on anyone - noooooooo

I honestly got loads of compliments on mine when I wore it on a night out and it made me feel really glamorous - which is rare.

reuset Sat 14-Jan-17 18:16:24

I thought jumpsuits were for decorating in or baby attire grin Who knew!

Aren't they a nuisance to get in and out of? They look like they need to be accessorised with fluffy slippers.

reuset Sat 14-Jan-17 18:17:37

Oh but I'd also imagine they'd look better on a taller person, like the OP

ceeveebee Sat 14-Jan-17 18:22:43

Im a curvy shortarse (5'2 and a size 12) and I bought this - had to get a few inches chopped off the leg but I think it looks great on and get compliments when wearing it. It's very long in the body (for me anyway) so doesn't give camel toe or cling to my bum

www.phase-eight.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?UniqueProductKey=204006351&redirect=true&gclid=CjwKEAiAtefDBRDTnbDnvM735xISJABlvGOvyzuD_zcKMacfLeFBk1cz6mEgU29HsSwzzqmsZuQH0BoCYMjw_wcB#feefo_reviews

lionsleepstonight Sat 14-Jan-17 18:24:39

It looks better on in real life, the v is deeper and looks very frumpy on the picture. But the other link is very nice too. Go on. Order it. You know you want to.....

UnGoogleable Sat 14-Jan-17 18:27:10

Oh but I'd also imagine they'd look better on a taller person, like the OP

See, I'm thinking they'd look fab on petite people but not so much on me.

That Phase Eight one is lovely, but a bit out of my price range if I'm not sure I'll wear it... the BooHoo ones are around £20 so much better to take a punt on.

UnGoogleable Sat 14-Jan-17 18:27:57

But yeah, I can imagine going for a wee whilst on a night out is a bit cumbersome. That's the reason I don't sleep in a Onesie - can't be doing with stripping naked to go for a pee in the night!

lionsleepstonight Sat 14-Jan-17 18:46:14

Yes, the wee thing is a pain!

BusterGonad Sat 14-Jan-17 19:14:39

I've got this one, a few years back now but I'm 5'9 and a size 14, no waist and a bit of a tummy with good legs. I love it, I never thought in a million years I'd look good in one but I do as I've had many compliments in it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now