Talk

Advanced search

Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery. Here or Abroad?

(8 Posts)
YesAnastasia Sat 14-Jan-17 14:30:33

I have had a few procedures (tummy tuck, lipo and weight loss surgery)

I'm thinking of having loads of other stuff. Eyes, breast augmentation, arm/leg lift and perhaps fat transfer/ more lipo)

It's so cheap abroad (various locations in Greece, Turkey, Slovakia etc) and it's very exciting. Although I know someone who went to Turkey for something recently, I'm scared and need personal recommendations before I pick.

YesAnastasia Sun 15-Jan-17 17:39:57

Really?! No one? That's interesting.

EatSleepTeachRepeat Sun 15-Jan-17 17:41:59

No help I'm afraid but can I ask what weight loss surgery you had and where you had it? What was your experience like? Was it considerably cheaper than the UK?

Lovelybangers Sun 15-Jan-17 17:45:53

I have had cosmetic surgery - but here in the UK.

What happens if there is a problem afterwards ? That would make me reconsider saving money.

MrDacresEUSubsidy Sun 15-Jan-17 18:54:02

Close friend had lipo in the UK. She researched it abroad but decided that she was going to stay nearby - and certainly within the UK - in case there were any issues. Travel insurance doesn't usually cover cosmetic procedures or elective surgery, so if something goes wrong you need to factor in how much it will cost for you to have it put right. Bear in mind the worst case scenario which is that you could need emergency treatment and care, which is very expensive - not to mention getting home afterwards. Lots of airlines won't fly very ill patients without a medical nurse accompanying them - which is extremely costly.

ohdarling Sun 15-Jan-17 18:55:58

I have a friend who has had work done in both Turkey and the UK. She's not particularly happy with either. But the work done in Britain is the biggest disaster.

Bookishandblondish Sun 15-Jan-17 19:21:51

This is old, but whoever you see, worth asking some of these questions raised in this report - it's the one on cosmetic surgery
www.ncepod.org.uk/2010cs.html

sycamore54321 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:08:20

Not abroad, please. And especially not somewhere you wouldn't drink the tap water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now