Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kitten heels - Yay or Nay?

(21 Posts)
WilburIsSomePig Sat 14-Jan-17 13:54:32

I've always hated them but I have bought two pairs over the last couple of months and I love them.

I just can't do really high heels anymore on a daily basis, block heels make me walk like a fella and I don't want to wear boots every day. I love wedges but can be more casual. So I appear to be turning into Theresa May.

Are they a yay or nay for you?

everythingsfine Sat 14-Jan-17 14:00:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UntilTheCowsComeHome Sat 14-Jan-17 14:01:58

^^ yes to this.

Pretty flats look heaps better than kitten heels.

Bluntness100 Sat 14-Jan-17 14:02:06

They are a nay from me too sorry.

WilburIsSomePig Sat 14-Jan-17 14:11:50

I don't really wear flats anymore unless they're trainers because I get pain in my arches. It looks like I'm on my own here ... grin

Bluntness100 Sat 14-Jan-17 14:13:10

Well not truly alone, you have Teresa may as you said...😂

Oblomov16 Sat 14-Jan-17 14:15:22

No from me.

SarahJessicaParkersLostCurls Sat 14-Jan-17 14:19:01

I like them in theory but they can make my feet look really long. A higher heel makes your foot look shorter imo.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 14-Jan-17 14:22:39

I like a kitten heel.... am still pining for a pair I never bought in Brantano about four years ago.

I hummed and hawwed and didn't buy them because of teresabloodymay, and I still want them even now

they were a nice zebra stripe. ..I know..but I like quirky that sort of thing !

BusterGonad Sat 14-Jan-17 15:07:44

I wear them and love them, I've worn them for years. Theresa May can piss off! They are a yes from me. I love a 60s kitten heel thank you very much!

Badcat666 Sat 14-Jan-17 15:12:02

Oh I bloody love kitten heels, lived in them for years... more prettier and practical than flats or stilettos! (you can run a lot faster to catch your bus/ train in them for one thing)

I occasional get mine out and gaze at them. One day I shall where them again... happy sigh

CaoNiMa Sat 14-Jan-17 15:14:14

Vogue magazine had a feature on them lately, so perhaps they're on their way back in! I kind of hope not...

Liiinoo Sat 14-Jan-17 15:26:22

Sadly I think it's an age thing. Heels hurt too much now, I think Ballet pumps look sloppy, find loafers/brogues too butch, so kitten heels it is on those occasions when Skechers or Uggs won't cut it.

SorrelSoup Sat 14-Jan-17 15:41:29

I've always loved them. I'm quite tall and love dancing on night's out. I refuse to be in pain from stilettos and have to sit all night. They make me feel dressier than wearing flats.

ENormaSnob Sat 14-Jan-17 16:42:13

I wore them in 2001.

Wouldnt now tbh.

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 14-Jan-17 16:45:22

Nay from me. They have a weird effect of making the wearer's feet look like canoes.

EmmaC78 Sat 14-Jan-17 17:44:38

I have a nice pair of kitten heel boots that I wear quite a lot for work. My feet can't last all day in high heels and it is too cold to wear ballet pumps in winter so I generally wear the boots.

Fairyliz Sat 14-Jan-17 18:32:16

Its a yes from me. I cant wear heels but flats make my feet look enormous. Kitten heels look more elegant somehow.

burnishedsilver Sat 14-Jan-17 19:13:52

Yay from me. I love an Audrey Hepburn look.

PippilottaViktualia Sat 14-Jan-17 19:27:57

I like them, but then I'm 6'3'' and to be honest if I'm in a high, high heel I kind of get into ducking down for doorways territory which is just awkward.

I wear a lot flats as well and I have a couple of very high heels that are only worn occasions--when I need to look more intimidating--

Truckingalong Sat 14-Jan-17 19:29:40

You don't have to do kitten heels though. Just go for low heeled shoes. Same level of comfort but much more stylish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now