Talk

Advanced search

Damn high waisted jeans!

(35 Posts)
Annarose2014 Sat 14-Jan-17 11:47:36

I'm a relatively new Apple shape since the 2nd baby and all wisdom points to apple = high waisted jeans to hold everything in.

But I've just bought some Topshop Jamie's and the blasted things end up being midrise on me after about an hour - complete with crotch sag and an arse so flat I could use it as a spirit level.

They're definitely not too big as I bought them a size down and they are sprayed on.

What am I missing? Everyone goes on about high waisted jeans being the saviour of apples!

TheTroutofNoCraic Sat 14-Jan-17 13:53:45

I find Topshop jeans are a dodgy fit for anyone not straight up and down in shape. Maybe that's just me?

I'm am between an hourglass and an apple. These ones from M&S are great
www.marksandspencer.com/cotton-rich-high-waisted-super-skinny-jeggings/p/p22468869?prevPage=plp

UntilTheCowsComeHome Sat 14-Jan-17 14:03:54

Are they the high waisted type that don't have belt loops?

I love high waisted jeans but still need a belt to stop them falling under my flab down.

TheTroutofNoCraic Sat 14-Jan-17 15:11:30

The ones i'm currently wearing have belt loops, oddly.
Wait, its cos they're these ones...which seem to be discontinued sad

www.marksandspencer.com/high-waisted-skinny-denim-jeans/p/p60071044

But I would go to m&s and try them on, I have the ones with no belt loops also, I'm size 14 and they are true to size and come so high and nip in at the top that they don't fall down, if you see what I mean?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 14-Jan-17 15:19:14

I'd go down another size.

mysteryfairy Sat 14-Jan-17 15:51:29

I thought conventional wisdom was low to mid waist for apples and high waist for pears. I've just checked the Donna Ida site and that's confirmed by the info in the denim clinic.

I'm a pear and wear a lot of jamie jeans, both because of the fit and because they do a 36 inch inside leg. They definitely aren't a sprayed on style so I'm not sure sizing down more is going to give you a good fit.

Annarose2014 Sat 14-Jan-17 17:34:33

I physically couldn't size down more!

Interesting that someone else says mid waist for apples. If you do an advanced search on the subject on here people are all talking about high waisted ones. But they just slide down! I had the exact same problem with the DP Eden jeggings which are so popular on here. They slide down like my thighs were greased!

I really hate wearing a belt - the buckle looks too bulky. So am really trying to get a pair that don't need one. confused

I'm going to return the Jamie's anyway. I might try the M&S ones before I give up on high waisted entirely!

NeedATrim Sat 14-Jan-17 17:38:01

Jeans are tossers!

SesameSparkle Sat 14-Jan-17 17:50:13

I'm apple shaped, straight up and down and wear my Jamie's with a belt. You could also try the Joni's which are more of a jegging, although as they don't take a belt I found I did need to keep hitching them up. Mid-rise jeans are a disaster on me.

RocketQueenP Sat 14-Jan-17 19:05:09

H&M are fab for high rise jeans

marriednotdead Sun 15-Jan-17 23:57:03

I tried and failed with Jamie's, had a bit more success with DP Edens. Current faves are £8 Primark super high waist skinnys- the first pair in years that stay put.

ToastieRoastie Mon 16-Jan-17 00:55:43

Jamie's fell down on me and gave me flat arse too (despite being super tight when I first put them on).

Try Mango for jeans - flattering on my apple tum.

BusterGonad Mon 16-Jan-17 07:54:25

I've got a bit of a tummy and no waist, I wear River Island mollys. They are lovely and don't sag, slip or anything else. I don't wear a belt.

Pinkvici22 Mon 16-Jan-17 08:07:18

I'd go for Joni high waisted jeans from Topshop and size down (they'll be sprayed on, but they'll stay up!)

TooMinty Mon 16-Jan-17 08:43:06

I wear Jamie jeans and find them great but I'm a pear shape (a mini 5ft pear so I need the short leg length!)
Try Leigh in Topshop for a lower waist and nice soft material too.

GinIsIn Mon 16-Jan-17 08:44:38

It's all about the Joni jeans from Topshop - they are amazing!! And the M&S 5 pocket jeggings.

welshweasel Mon 16-Jan-17 08:48:02

I was an apple even pre baby. My go to jeans are the uniqlo ultra stretch skinnies.

Bluntness100 Mon 16-Jan-17 08:49:00

I have a tendency towards apple and I can't wear high rise jeans, I swear they make me look fatter, all that extra material round my middle plus they are not comfy as they roll down when I sit down or dig in. I find mid rise better.

crystalchef Mon 16-Jan-17 10:26:15

I have always found Fat Face accommodate the apple shape very well, not too high and not too low. I agree with the pp that says you need to be a pair to carry off a high waist, I am an apple and a high waist gives me one huge tummy, a lower waist breaks things up a bit.

drspouse Mon 16-Jan-17 11:17:31

I've always been an apple too. I also like Fatface, and Gap girlfriend, Boden boyfriend.

Annarose2014 Mon 16-Jan-17 12:32:04

With Fatface, which cut are you talking about?

crystalchef Mon 16-Jan-17 12:44:02

I used to wear their slim jeans and also the bootcut or flare. I found a lot of their other clothes like tops and things are cut looser in the waist too. I had separated tummy muscles after each pregnancy so really struggled to find anything that even came close to fitting, pretty much anything I tried on in FF seemed to fit. I only don't shop there anymore as I overdid it rather and am having a self imposed FF break for a while.

busyboysmum Mon 16-Jan-17 13:57:38

I got some high waisted jeans from T K Maxx which I love and were only about £10, from D.Jeans. They are massively comfy and soft and stretchy.

They are this make:

www.tkmaxx.com/womens-jeans/dark-blue-skinny-fit-jeans/invt/06024566

But I'm sure mine said high waisted. Anyway would totally recommend.

smearedinfood Mon 16-Jan-17 14:17:38

Defintely Mid Rise for apples - got the River Island high waisted black skinnies - I have learned from my mistake - fail!
Just bought a pair of mid rises on sale at Lee so so so much better for my apple shape. But I will spend more on jeans as I am in them all of the time.

Annarose2014 Mon 16-Jan-17 14:17:56

Yes, I have some tops from there which are very forgiving. I can see how you'd soon start to become a bit of an addict!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now