Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eyeshadow base?

(11 Posts)
MaQueen Sat 14-Jan-17 10:13:18

Years ago, Clinique used to do a sort of very light foundation base which you applied all over the eye area. It evened out your skin tone on your eyelids and up to your eyebrows, made your eyes look brighter and made your eyeshadow stay put longer.

Does anyone know of something similar, nowadays?

ZacharyQuack Sat 14-Jan-17 10:30:25

Clinique have a new version of that primer here
Or you could use a skin coloured cream shadow, e.g. Mac Painterly or Soft Ocre

MaQueen Sat 14-Jan-17 10:36:16

Fantastic - thanks zachary I'm going into twon tomorrow so will pick some up smile

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 14-Jan-17 10:41:30

Urban Decay's eye primers are the best I've tried if you've oily skin/lids.

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Sat 14-Jan-17 16:30:21

The urban decay one is good but I didn't use it nearly as much as I could have and I theee it out after the recommended time on the packaging. ELF cosmetics apparently do a very good one at a fraction of the urban decay one.

Cakescakescakes Sat 14-Jan-17 16:34:17

Laura Mercier Eye Basics is a similar product. Neutralises and evens out the eye area and helps eyeshadow last longer too. I use the lightest colour. It's brilliant.

carrotcakecupcake Sat 14-Jan-17 16:40:56

I had a mini of Benefit's 'Stay don't stray' in an eyeshadow kit recently. Found it really good for holding shimmery eye shadow in place, not sure how it looks without shadow over top of it though.

passmethewineplease Sat 14-Jan-17 16:43:37

I use MAKEUP REVOLUTION focus and fix eyeshadow base and really like it. Failing that Essence do a really good one that gets good reviews, can buy it from Wilkos.

Or if I'm out of those two I just use my concealer!

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Sat 14-Jan-17 16:47:43

The NARS one is the best, imo. The Urban Decay one is ok but I find it a bit thick and drying (even if I put a v thin layer on). It's just clunkier than the silkier NARS.

suze28 Sat 14-Jan-17 18:30:34

If you want less spendy look at the Maybelline 24hr colour tattoo in nude. It works very well as a base.

Ifonlyiweretaller Sat 14-Jan-17 19:14:44

i use Mac painterly. It was recommended to me by a make up artist. I'm literally just running out of my first pot 12 months after I first purchased, so well worth the money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now