Talk

Advanced search

Work shoes that aren't old fashioned

(9 Posts)
autumnglow Sat 14-Jan-17 09:19:26

I'm going back to work and I need some footwear to wear with pencil skirts/shift dresses. I'd like to wear some sort of heel as I'm only 5ft 4 in with short legs and could do with the lift and I don't suit/like flats. Normally I wear trousers and boots with everything. In a previous life I'd wear court shoes but if I'm in a hurry or uneven ground I'll know I'll end up Tripping up. Have you seen any funky shoes that I could wear? "Work" will involve walking to different buildings on the site for lunch, meetings etc so don't really want to keep swooping and changing flats for office shoes IYKWIM. Any advice listened to.

helloheather Sat 14-Jan-17 09:23:24

I think I might just have turned into my mother... but clarks really do have the comfiest heels. Try and get ones with a little strap over the front.

helloheather Sat 14-Jan-17 09:27:13

I don't know if these will be high enough for you, but I bought these is the Aldo sale yesterday for work http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/en_UK///Women/Block-Heels/Legadowet/p/47791874-97

LaPampa Sat 14-Jan-17 10:14:44

For the occasions I need to wear proper heeled shoes not heeled ankle boots I have a pair of wedge heeled court shoes from m&s.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sat 14-Jan-17 10:16:47

I like the padded courts from M&S or Clarks have some comfy heels. I also like Caravelle shoes from Brantano as they have low heels but I can wear them all day like a pair of slippers.

autumnglow Sat 14-Jan-17 16:50:35

Ok I'll have a surf on m&s and clarks. ((Heather)) giggling at turning into out mothers

EggysMom Sat 14-Jan-17 16:59:36

I bought heeled brogues from Deichmann to fulfil a similar need: www.deichmann.com/GB/en/shop/00009001418206/Lace*up*Heeled*Brogues.prod?submit=Find&emcs3=&s=2&emcs2=&imgFmt=&emcs1=&q=Brogues&emcs0=&_=1484413023627&fromCategoryDetail=&positionInList=18

Sciurus83 Sun 15-Jan-17 08:54:09

Another turning into mother but I picked up Clarks Carlita Cove are very comfortable. I have wide feet and love pointed shoes but couldn't mash my hobbit toes into them and be able to walk at work without embarrassing myself

dirtyprettything Sun 15-Jan-17 11:31:47

Clarks Kendra - love them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now