Talk

Advanced search

Epilating Advice

(8 Posts)
ChaircatMiaow Fri 13-Jan-17 21:12:52

I bought an epilator a little while back as I got sick of shaving my legs every second day and waxing only seems to last a week for me.

My understanding was that I'd get two weeks out of the epilating and that the hair would grow back finer but I'm still having to do it every week. Also I'm getting a lot of ingrown hair despite exfoliating.

I tried leaving the hair to grow a bit in case the hair growth cycle needed to "even out" but that hasn't really helped. What am I doing wrong????

Would love to get laser treatment and be done with all of this kerfuffle but am 11 weeks pregnant so that's not an option for a while 🙂

Lovelybangers Fri 13-Jan-17 22:52:59

I do my legs in summer. I find that it needs to be done weekly really. Although there are only a few hairs each time done so regularly therefore less pain.

Ingrown hairs - I just try and use a shower puff and give 'em a good scrub.

I ha e had my epilator for a few years now and do like it as I'm pretty lazy. The effect isn't as good as shaving but five mins once a week is enough time to spend on hair removal IMO.

meganorks Sat 14-Jan-17 19:43:15

I have one and prefer it to shaving although tricky as need to do when everyone is out! I try to be really really thorough but always find I have missed some. It if you are doing it every week after about a month you should notice a lot less. To start with it seems like you are doing it all the time but after a while the hairs come through really fine and less noticeable and you can go longer in between

ChishandFips33 Sat 14-Jan-17 19:59:14

Keep going - my hair was dark and wiry but it has thinned out significantly (underarms have had the best result - it's very sparse now)

It's never smooth to the touch - feels like some snap rather than be pulled but if I want smooth I shave - mainly in summer though

I've noticed lots of ingrown hairs on legs so I just keep up with the exfoliation

MrsDilligaf Sat 14-Jan-17 20:14:21

These are great for exfoliation and I find them great for preventing ingrown hairs - they are very scrubby though so go steady.

I've found that epilating takes a bit of dedication so keep going, I was going for 3 weeks in between sessions this time last year.

(As with all things beauty related it's taken a back seat since DD arrived hmm)

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Sat 14-Jan-17 21:24:23

No epilating advice but the pregnancy might also be contributing to some of the growth. I'm no expert, but it might not be a permanent thing anyway and I think the hair growth thing can vary greatly from person to person in pregnancy.

ChaircatMiaow Sun 15-Jan-17 03:05:48

Thank you all - I keep at it and see what happens.

Blahblah I wish it was the pregnancy. Unfortunately I've always had leg hair that seems to be covered in miracle gro 😄

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Sun 15-Jan-17 13:07:50

The laser post pregnancy will most likely help. I've had a lot of laser and it has drastically reduced the level of hair removal I need now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now