Talk

Advanced search

Cos?

(15 Posts)
Waxlyrically Fri 13-Jan-17 20:57:42

Based on threads on here I ordered myself a couple of dresses to try on from the sale, (no shops near me). Great quality but appalling fit - I'm an apple shaped 5 ft 3 and a 10/12 and they both looked terrible. Thoroughly disappointed but is it because im too short, too big or too old I wonder. Who do Cos clothes suit?

LaPampa Sat 14-Jan-17 10:20:57

I think cos clothes suit me but I'm not an apple shape and I'm 5 foot 8. Most of my work clothes are or have been Cos over the past few years after I moved to a smart but not suit job. They also doubled well as maternity wear that wasn't actually maternity!

harrietm87 Sat 14-Jan-17 10:23:25

It's my favourite shop! I'm size 10 5'7" and pear shape though have fairly broad shoulders which I think is important as a lots of their shapes are quite angular. My tiny friend 4'11" and size 6 also loves it though so I think it can suit all sizes. Admittedly some of their stuff is quite weird though so maybe you were just unlucky.

LaPampa Sat 14-Jan-17 10:25:14

@harrietm87 yeah, I have quite straight shoulders and the clothes def look better on me than they do on a friend with more sloping shoulders

phoolani Sat 14-Jan-17 16:48:58

They suit those who go into the shop to try on loads of things and find one or two are fabulous and the rest look somewhere between meh and hilarious. 80-90% of my wardrobe is cos and even I can't tell if something will suit me without trying it on. I'd cry if you forced me to move away from close proximity to a cos store because ordering online is a crap shoot.

phoolani Sat 14-Jan-17 16:49:38

What did you order?

Bonnie7 Sat 14-Jan-17 16:58:13

I love Cos!
Excellent quality and fair prices, the sales are very good too.
But it's the only shop that I ever try things on in! Things you don't expect to look great on do (and vice versa)

ZaraW Sat 14-Jan-17 17:25:56

I'm 5'9" and size 8 to 10 it's one of my favourite shops. The cut is excellent and works well for me.

Waxlyrically Sat 14-Jan-17 18:11:29

Both the dresses I bought to try were described as straight cut but the narrowest bit seemed to be too low cutting in to my stomach and not where my waist is. There was also lots of spare fabric around my back. I think it's sadly a combo of being too short and not slim enough. I'm very jealous of all of you who can wear their stuff though - they were gorgeous fabrics, colours and beautifully made!

spinduffy Sat 14-Jan-17 21:31:43

I am 5'4'', apple shape and size 10. I adore there stuff. Most things are loose and structured, so hide my fat belly, but accentuate my thin arms and legs.

If I could only ever shop in one store it would be cos! Plus I don't have one in our local city, so it is a novelty to find one.

I would give it another go and maybe try different styles. Honestly the quality and value is amazing!

spinduffy Sat 14-Jan-17 21:32:03

Sorry their!

TimeForBedWhenever Sat 14-Jan-17 21:39:27

Pah! Doesn't work for me. 5'9" and a size 14. Took two pairs of trousers into the fitting room - the size 16 were too small and, you guessed it, the size 14 in a different style were too big.

Waxlyrically Sat 14-Jan-17 22:03:12

Ooo spin can you tell me some dresses you've had that you like - perhaps there's some hope for me. The postage is a bit much to experiment!

spinduffy Sat 14-Jan-17 22:15:50

There styles are suited me. A lot of other ones I bought are sold out. I tend to wear with high heels to glam them up x

Waxlyrically Sat 14-Jan-17 22:30:45

Thanks spin they all look good. I especially like the blue and the black- my colours and really stylish. Seems they are all looser fits than I went for so maybe that's what I need to do. Will give it another shot once these have gone back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now