Talk

Advanced search

Best place to get long tops to wear with skinnies?

(17 Posts)
EatSleepWorkRepeat Thu 12-Jan-17 21:52:12

Help me please! I still have a fair few pounds to lose post-baby and consequently look like an apple perched on a pair of parsnips if I wear fitted or waist length tops with my skinny jeans. However everything seems to be short waisted at the moment! Don't want anything tent like, just a few nice casual tops that skim the waist and end under the bottom. Am tall and apple shaped (still look about six months pregnant) which doesn't help. If anyone can point me in the right direction I will be eternally grateful!

EatSleepWorkRepeat Thu 12-Jan-17 21:59:01

Oh and I absolutely can't wear anything high necked/ slash neck which seems to rule a lot of tunic type things this season :-(

Whenwillwe3meetagain Thu 12-Jan-17 22:02:46

Baukjen have longline tops and a sale at the mo smile

EatSleepWorkRepeat Thu 12-Jan-17 22:16:34

Thanks so much, have never looked at Baukjen before. What's their sizing like, do you know?

katplva Thu 12-Jan-17 22:19:39

I have some of their longline scoop neck tshirts. They nice colours, seem to be good quality and are are very very long! But nice to bunch up a little to help disguise my post-baby belly. Generally I find the sizes are a little large, but it depends on how tight you want them.

EatSleepWorkRepeat Fri 13-Jan-17 08:32:55

Oh that's good, I definitely need something looser round the tummy than the models on the site, or it'll look like maternity sad

Liiinoo Fri 13-Jan-17 09:31:01

www.amazon.co.uk/Ladies-Womens-Italian-Lagenlook-Quirky/dp/B00VQ9VL02/ref=sr_1_9?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1484299583&sr=1-9&keywords=Lagenlook&th=1&psc=1

I have this top in three colours. I am a petite apple shape with a very big belly and very slim arms and legs and it looks great over skinny jeans and boots in the winter and cropped jeans in the summer. ( I don't wear the included scarf because I hate scarves) They don't have many colours left though but If you search ' lagenlook ' tops on Amazon you will find lots of choice.

AFierceBadRabbit Fri 13-Jan-17 10:26:21

Love these from Cos:

1-Aline jumper in black
2-raised stick jumper
3-longline top

AFierceBadRabbit Fri 13-Jan-17 10:26:48

sorry, raised stitch not stick!

AFierceBadRabbit Fri 13-Jan-17 10:27:39

also love this, I have it in black:

merino v neck

as always with cos these are lovely quality and look way better in real life than the odd photos!

InTheKitchenAtParties Fri 13-Jan-17 10:33:52

www.boohoo.com/restofworld/invt/azz19334

I have this. It would be ideal for you. The model is wearing it off her shoulder, but it actually has a deep round neckline. Its very long on me (5ft 2!), but it would suit a tall frame better

EatSleepWorkRepeat Fri 13-Jan-17 12:36:11

Thanks so much all of you, some lovely tops there. Time for some shopping! [GRIN]

EatSleepWorkRepeat Fri 13-Jan-17 12:36:55

grin

SpaghettiMeatballs Fri 13-Jan-17 19:04:34

Boden do a longline range which I really like.

HardcoreLadyType Fri 13-Jan-17 19:17:49

I wear this kind of sweater all the time.

All Saints often have this kind of thing. Also look at Anthropologies. I have also recently bought an asymmetric cotton sweater from Jigsaw that I wear a lot.

I often wear my long sweaters with cropped boyfriend jeans in summer, for a more casual look.

AvacadoSalad Tue 17-Jan-17 19:58:11

boohoo do this flattering V-neck swing dress...

AvacadoSalad Tue 17-Jan-17 20:02:52

Photo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now