Talk

Advanced search

Hush. Shit quality or is it me?

(43 Posts)
TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince Thu 12-Jan-17 19:07:53

I bought a knitted dress from Hush last winter. I've only washed it once, and then put it away until now.

I've worn it today for the first ime after being washed. It is absolutely covered in bobbles and fluff. I mean really bad. I look like some kind of furball.

Is this what all their stuff is like?

TimeForBedWhenever Thu 12-Jan-17 19:24:27

Just returned some jogging bottoms that I bought in the sale as I thought they were a much poorer quality than the ones I bought 2 years ago.

CharlieSierra Thu 12-Jan-17 19:31:05

My DD and I both have the Tina dress, both unacceptably pilled after one wear. She emailed and complained and they said it's the nature of the fabric. I'm going to have a go at mine with a cashmere comb, but not happy. We've both got other stuff which is fine though.

JigglyTuff Thu 12-Jan-17 19:37:03

Their stuff is really poor quality. I only ever buy it in the sale - wouldn't dream of paying full price because it's really not worth it. I like their designs though so I'm prepared to deal with the holes that developed in a tshirt after 3 wears and the seams that have unraveled. But really, really not worth the price they charge.

TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince Thu 12-Jan-17 19:40:06

I think it might be the Tina dress.

Batwing sleeves and loose on top over a straight skirt?

I've just spent 10 minutes combing it. I made very little impact at all, but had a huge pile of bobbles.

I know lots about fibres and textile science. A mix of polyester/wool/viscose/cashmere s should bobble a bit but not like a fur ball. I've never had anything like it.

BikeRunSki Thu 12-Jan-17 19:41:42

Apart from their cotton PJs, the quality is rubbish. But the PJs are brilliant.

CharlieSierra Thu 12-Jan-17 19:44:59

Mine hasn't got batwing sleeves, but yes loose top over straight skirt.

burnishedsilver Thu 12-Jan-17 19:47:28

Shit fabric quality. Its a shame because the cut is really good.

balkanscot Thu 12-Jan-17 19:57:59

Leggings that I bought 9 months ago went all bleurgh: black colour is all washed out even though I wash them turned inside out, and seams coming apart. NOT impressed.

Harem pants fared a bit better (also bought 9 months ago) but can see a spot where a seam is about to come apart. confused

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 12-Jan-17 19:59:20

I think I must have been lucky with the things I have from them - the ruched skirt was one of my best buys last year, and I have a few jumpers which are great. They do pill a bit, but nothing a comb doesn't sort. I would never buy without a discount code or on sale either though.

OddMollie Thu 12-Jan-17 20:00:39

Their cotton jersey stuff seems ok, but I'm thinking about ordering the cashmere jumper and hesitating. Someone complained about the quality in a review and got the most passive aggressive response ever - "Sorry to hear that, Henny. We're not sure why you should find cashmere itchy, but still... Kind Regards, The Hush Team" I don't feel vastly reassured by that somehow.

MissBeehiving Thu 12-Jan-17 20:01:36

Its been very hit and miss for a few years. The ruched skirt is good as are the harem pants I bought a couple of years ago. Amie joggers not as good.

tigerdog Thu 12-Jan-17 20:08:39

I think it is hit and miss. Since the concession opened in my local John Lewis I am no longer seduced by the website, as I can see the quality (or lack of) in person.

I bought a sweatshirt and it was only worth it (just) with 10% off and a £10 welcome voucher. It feels cheap, I have cosier sweatshirts from H&M!

On the plus side, I have some pjs and a nightie bought in the sale last year and they are great - really nice quality thick jersey material. They were also a bargain at half price.

saltydogandme Thu 12-Jan-17 20:53:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince Thu 12-Jan-17 21:22:55

😵itchy cashmere. Do they know anything st all about the products they make?

Imamouseduh Thu 12-Jan-17 21:31:41

I had the same thing happen with one of the wool skirts. I had worn it so rather than trying to return it just wrote in my online review what had happened and they wrote a reply saying 'sorry to hear this, we will contact you about it', which I notice they write on most of the negative reviews they receive. I always thought that was a good sign and that they actually care about resolving quality issues. I never heard from them though so it's obvs just for show!

Riversiderunner Thu 12-Jan-17 21:39:53

Used to be nice but now shit quality.

I chuck their catalogue straight in the bin nowadays.

Me+Em, on the other hand, is bloody ace.

Hohumming Thu 12-Jan-17 21:55:42

Me&Em is great but it is so expensive.

I like the Hush website but have returned more than I have kept. I bought a very nice skirt last year, wore it a couple of times, put it away unwashed (it was a wool skirt) and when I took it out this year, it looked like it was ten years old. The same with some of their knit dresses and t-shirts.

GobblersKnob Thu 12-Jan-17 22:02:30

I always thought it was shit tbh, I had some really crappy things from them years and years ago when they had only just started, and their customer service was a dodgy as hell back then too.

Saurus72 Thu 12-Jan-17 22:20:27

There was a Hush pop-up (I think a pop-up - or else a short-lived store) in London last year. I went in and was shocked by the poor quality fabric and really cheap feeling clothes. Much more suited to a market stall I would say. At least places like New Look are honest - cheap and cheerful. Hush says it is one thing, but the reality is quite far removed I think.

moreshitandnofuckingredemption Thu 12-Jan-17 22:23:21

I've had 2 things from Hush, a jumper and a top, and they've both been poor quality, I'm another one who chucks the catalogue straight in the bin now

Rudymentary Thu 12-Jan-17 22:24:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

neveradullmoment99 Thu 12-Jan-17 22:40:27

I have a number of their things and i like them smile The black jersey though is not black enough imo. I have a lovely fluffy blue jumper which i have worn for a couple of years. I love their longer length ruched skirt. Its a really nice fit and good quality. I think their t-shirts are very thin. Some stitching on some of their clothes have been poor. Generally though, i just love the style of their things and it fits my life. Not to OTT and just really fresh and smart casual. I find it hard to find other shops that give the same 'look.' Me and em are ridiculously pricey. As are whistles and Jigsaw so i consider hush as probably mid price range. Some of their dresses are expensive but most of the things on the other websites I mentioned are extortionate. I love the francesca skirt. Its so unusual and wear it a lot. I always feel good and put together in it. The material though could be better. It is a bit 'cheap'. On the other hand, it has washed like a charm and no ironing!!!!

PegEgg Fri 13-Jan-17 09:39:44

Oh dear. Just ordered a few bits in the sale. Was looking forward to them arriving but now....

Floisme Fri 13-Jan-17 09:50:35

I got their linen jumper last year - very nice but by the end of the summer, it was down to my knees. I've fired them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now