Talk

Advanced search

Mum clothes

(9 Posts)
mypropertea Thu 12-Jan-17 16:21:41

I'm a 5"10 size 12. Unfortunately I have lost my way a bit/lot since I started having children. My youngest is 12 weeks old and I feel very scruffy/frumpy at any baby group I go to. Ideally I would like some long comfortable jumpers that can be machine washed and cover/disguise my wobbly tummy, while I try to get back to my pre baby size 10/8. Has anyone seen anything like that?

If your feeling brave, I would love if you shared pictures of your baby group worthy clothes.

Fuzzypeggy Thu 12-Jan-17 18:37:58

I bought some hip length jumpers in neutral colours from h and m last week.

IJustLostTheGame Thu 12-Jan-17 19:55:00

There's a floor length jumper in urban outfitters.
I want.
It would be like walking round in a blanket/sleeping bag.

IJustLostTheGame Thu 12-Jan-17 22:53:21

Sorry,
I have an evening and night off from dd and I've got a bit drunk.
I didn't mean to imply that you SHOULD be wearing a big woolly moo moo. Just that I want it and think it's cool.
However I may think in the morning I may think I'd look a twat in it. And that I've twatted this thread now.

bojorojo Thu 12-Jan-17 23:10:03

I can picture it though!

Good quality jeans that are high rise. Flat boots eg Chelsea boots. Medium roomy pullovers. Chunky necklace or scarf. Or shirts from Boden but not in silly patterns. Look at Boden web site for ideas. Gap had good merino wool pullovers. Breton T shirts over jeans. No to leggings but yes to solid tights and sweater dress above the knee! Navy pea coat or decent parka or wool winter coat. Introduce some colour and have a bit of fun. White Stuff and Fat Face have good casuals.

FrizzBombDelight Fri 13-Jan-17 09:29:07

I think some women just naturally look more pulled together even if they haven't brushed their hair or changed out of their comfys for a few day. I'm not one of them. I make an effort and still look rough!

mypropertea Fri 13-Jan-17 19:49:10

So today I tried on a selection of jumpers, I looked terrible! Apparently I can't do roll necks (small head, wide shoulders) and anything loose hides the little curves that I have and makes me look like a brick shit house sad

GrumpyOldBag Fri 13-Jan-17 19:52:39

Sorry, but White Stuff & FatFace are the epitome of Mum clothes. They target the demographic who think they are a bit too cool for Boden.

mypropertea Fri 13-Jan-17 20:11:21

I'm really not into fat face or white stuff. All there clothes look worn out before you even buy them confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now