Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Does this service exist anywhere?

(5 Posts)
SnugglySnerd Thu 12-Jan-17 11:57:02

Is there anywhere that offers and kind of personal shopping service but for cosmetics/skin care?
When I visit make up counters I always feel like they are selling their own products and they don't always seem to go for colours that suit me the best. Likewise with skin care I always wonder if a product from a different counter might be better.
I don't have the time, money or patience to keep traipsing around different counters or buy lots of products to try so I wondered if there is anywhere that would do the leg work for me and select products from lots of different companies?

SnugglySnerd Thu 12-Jan-17 11:57:24

*any not and.

parklives Thu 12-Jan-17 18:46:35

You could pay for a professional makeup artist to make you up and they will write down the products they use that suit you.
A professional will have loads of different brands and know which products work well.

MaeMobley Thu 12-Jan-17 19:10:00

Fenwicks do. www.fenwick.co.uk/stores/bond-street/personal-shopping/

SnugglySnerd Fri 13-Jan-17 19:31:59

Thank you for your responses. I don't think we have Fenwicks round here (Birmingham) but I'm sure I could find a make up artist.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: