Talk

Advanced search

Decent quality leggings?

(11 Posts)
soundsystem Thu 12-Jan-17 08:16:11

I'm due DC2 any day, and looking looking for some bits to wear in the days/weeks after he arrives. I've got lots of lovely tops and snuggly jumpers, but for bottoms I've only got jeans (not hugely comfy) or tracksuit bottoms (bit scruffy).

Any recommendations for where I can get decent quality leggings? I want ones I could wear with a long jumper to pop out for a coffee/have visitors and not feel too scruffy. I'm not really a leggings wearer generally...

YesThisIsMe Thu 12-Jan-17 08:27:28

You might be better off with "yoga trousers" or "jazz dance trousers". Smarter, comfier and less likely to be see through. As a non-leggings wearer I personally would feel a bit exposed starting to wear them in public (unless with a reeeeeeally long jumper).

Like these
bambooclothing.co.uk/store/show_product/WZ621-GSN?gclid=CjwKEAiA79zDBRCgyf2FgeiY-CESJABzr0BM6zD7qrxNibpicK6a4HtuWax10SYkWfEa_ckhaptx9xoCNlrw_wcB
Or
www.movedancewear.com/jazz_pants-move_dani_rolltop_jazz_pants/1741/
(Not particularly recommending the brands, those are just the first links I found googling.)

badtasteflump Thu 12-Jan-17 13:28:08

I bought some jodhpurs recently and love them so much I can't stop wearing them - think I need some more pairs actually.

They look like leggings but much nicer, really thick and warm and the detailing/stitching on them makes them look much more 'put together' than just wearing leggings.

The ones I have are Sheldon in black (on Amazon, etc) and I've just ordered them in navy as a warmer alternative to skinny jeans...

GVmama Thu 12-Jan-17 13:44:33

Sainsburys sells roll top yoga trousers in their fitness wear section, they are so comfortable. I wore those in the first weeks after having my last baby.
Their leggings are also good quality and about a tenner for two pairs.

AnitaPallenbergsKnees Thu 12-Jan-17 13:49:35

Sainsburys leggings are good value.
Around £10 a pair and a nice material.
Unfortunately I could only find dark grey but they are available in black also.

imjessie Thu 12-Jan-17 14:00:24

Mint velvet

JournosAreLazy Thu 12-Jan-17 14:14:14

I like the Sainsbury's super soft luxury leggings for £10 (think that's what they're called). Better than hush imo and nice and thick. Sainsbury's also do two pairs of normal leggings for £10 but they're not as good imo and much thinner and saggier.

soundsystem Fri 13-Jan-17 13:26:47

Thanks, will check them all out smile

MadisonMontgomery Fri 13-Jan-17 13:28:40

Lululemon leggings are the best - bit more pricey than high street but fab quality & last forever.

blodynmawr Fri 13-Jan-17 14:03:13

I have these Next ponte leggings. They pull me in a bit too which you may find helpful post birth! Good luck with the birth! HTH smile

Blue2014 Fri 13-Jan-17 14:20:20

Primark. £2.50. I saw this because in week one I was covered in wee, poo and milk so much preferred having 5 pairs and looking clean rather than stylish!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now