Talk

Advanced search

Keeping jewellery tidy

(24 Posts)
sweetmelody Thu 12-Jan-17 07:17:41

What do you use that isn't the china hand that we had in the 80s? <shows her age>

I want something that stops delicate necklaces from getting tangled up, keeps earrings in pairs and that has somewhere to stow away chunky costume bracelets/cuffs/necklaces - practical but relatively unobtrusive.

Any ideas? Online preferably

dementedma Thu 12-Jan-17 07:26:45

I got this for Christmas for my earrings! Well, for the hook ones. Now need to find something for the stud ones. I have rather a lot of earrings....

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Thu 12-Jan-17 07:30:05

I have a gorgeous board a friend made for me years ago when we were broke students. Plain pin board, painted white, the trim is painted silver. Lots of pins and hooks all over it to hang necklaces and earrings in a lovely display. No good for studs or rings, but I keep them in a box. The board looks like a piece of art.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Thu 12-Jan-17 07:30:33

And hooks on the sides for bracelets!

Candlefairy101 Thu 12-Jan-17 07:52:24

Watching intently! I was thinking of getting one of those full length mirrors that you can opinion up and hang everything in?

MrDacresEUSubsidy Thu 12-Jan-17 09:47:49

I have a stand for necklaces - similar to this. It's pretty but I am on the look out for something different as to me it looks a bit messy and I like things to look organised!

I have this from Muji for my earrings, which I love as it keeps them together and stops them getting dusty.

I have this which I bought from Wilkos which has odds and ends in it - including small bead style bracelets. Am also on the look out for something a bit nicer which will also accommodate bangle style bracelets as well.

GVmama Thu 12-Jan-17 14:22:47

I have a lovely display box which I bought recently from TK Maxx, it's similar to this one
www.notonthehighstreet.com/lisaangelhomewareandgifts/product/wooden-jewellery-box-with-drawer

LadyOfTheCanyon Thu 12-Jan-17 15:49:37

I pushed pin tacks inside my wardrobe doors and hang necklaces from there. Means I can see them all easily. Earrings I use a clear Muji earring drawer and bracelets are in a pretty box on top of the wardrobe which I always forget about

parklives Thu 12-Jan-17 18:42:18

Oliver bonas has some lovely wooden ones.
I use those cheap ikea mini draws and divided them up inside with tiny jewellery boxes (you can buy them from a craft shop) which are open, so I can just drop the earrings etc in their own box so I can see them all when I open the drawer and they don't get in a tangle. I only wear about 1% of my jewellery but that's my problem, and I still need to keep all the rest just in case.

inisfree Thu 12-Jan-17 19:02:48

http://www.qvc.com/Safekeeper-Jewelry-Cabinet-with-Drawer-by-Lori-Greiner.product.H209562.html?productNumber=H209562&partNumber=H209562&TZ=EST

I have this and bought it on qvc uk site.

celeryisnotasuperfood Thu 12-Jan-17 19:10:22

I found this hanger in somewhere like tkmax for my longer necklaces that don't fit in my regular jewellery box and hang it on inside of my wardrobe. I think it's supposed to be for scarves or ties...

LuxuryWoman2017 Thu 12-Jan-17 19:22:12

I have a velvet necklace hanger which has changed my life in a small way. We also have the freestanding mirror cabinet. If you Google necklace hanger you should find it. Got it from wilko but other places sell them.

celeryisnotasuperfood Thu 12-Jan-17 19:54:55

I forgot to attach the photo I'd just taken.

lorelairoryemily Thu 12-Jan-17 20:00:26

I have this jewellery box/mirror, best thing ever!!

lorelairoryemily Thu 12-Jan-17 20:01:53

Mine is slightly different inside, it's so handy, everything nice and neat and visible

travailtotravel Thu 12-Jan-17 20:06:47

The boxes from Muji are excellent, and then i have a set of hooks on the side of the wardrobe for long necklaces.

Minnie747 Thu 12-Jan-17 20:09:22

Stackers!

m.johnlewis.com/stackers-jewellery-box-lid-new-mink/p/523452

BackforGood Thu 12-Jan-17 20:32:03

I have a similar(ish) stand for ear rings, and a big cork board that I hang necklaces on (+ the odd bracelet). I love it as I can see them all at one skim, and now wear a much bigger range of my jewellery than I did when it was all away in jewellery boxes, as I can see it and don't forget it's there.

ChishandFips33 Thu 12-Jan-17 20:46:23

Clear compartment box for my earrings
IKEA Komplement boxes in an IKEA Alex drawer unit for watches and chunky necklace and bracelets (small gift boxes/shoe boxes would also do)
Belts rolled and laid loose in the shallow drawers
Finer costume jewellery off the end of my curtain pole classy
Fine necklaces hung over the edge of pretty glass jars as I like to look at those so it's more a feature

ChickenVindaloo2 Thu 12-Jan-17 22:07:08

Stackers forever!! Xxx

Cactuar Thu 12-Jan-17 22:12:23

I came on to say about my mirrored jewellery cabinet but see that lorelairoryemily beat me to it smile It really is a great item - I love mine and has so much room for everything. I had so much costume jewellery I could never find what I wanted to wear as it was all squirreled away in random drawers and boxes but now everything is tidyly in one place. Got mine from Amazon for about £70 I think.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Fri 13-Jan-17 00:38:26

I used to use stackers but now don't like having a visible jewellery box due to break-ins in the area.

I bought a jewellers chain roll online, plus a big earring and ring pad. Does the job, is neat and tidy and can go in the safe easily. No clutter.

lorelairoryemily Fri 13-Jan-17 11:58:36

Cactuargrin great minds!!

littleredlipstick Fri 13-Jan-17 18:02:14

From the ikea kitchen storage range

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now