Talk

Advanced search

Swimwear help please

(10 Posts)
stayathomegardener Wed 11-Jan-17 21:23:45

Hi, going to Thailand on a tall ship as a special treat for DH's 60th and DD's 18th in February.
Seriously in need of some swimwear advice.
If it were a different season I could just go and try lots on but nothing but sale ends in the shops and I seem to look iffy in most. So may have to order online.
I'm 48, 5'6" 9stone with bigish boobs 32DD - will try and find a photo
Am thinking I need structure and possibly a bikini (yikes) as one pieces I tried last week seemed to turn me into a shapeless block.

Polkadot1974 Wed 11-Jan-17 22:16:36

Heard great things about the Next shaping tankini from a friend with big bosoms

DianaT1969 Wed 11-Jan-17 23:33:04

You sound like you have a great figure and could easily wear a bikini. I found Thailand very humid and my swimwear wouldn't dry - neither outside on the balcony nor inside due to aircon. I only had 1 bikini with me that I liked and a swimsuit, so had to keep putting them on wet confused so I'd pack at least two if I were you.
These are my go to sites for fuller bust swimwear:

Simply Beach
Airy Mary
Belle Lingerie
Bra Stop
Leia

Bravissimo if in the sale. Otherwise it can be pricey.
I love Freya and have a couple of good Pour Moi bikinis too which have better coverage bottoms.

CaitAgusMadra Thu 12-Jan-17 06:25:08

I just bought 2 X 32DD Fantasie bikinis in the Figleaves Outlet. You can filter by cup size which makes it easy.

Think they were the Lascari and Lombok (blue) designs

BringMeTea Thu 12-Jan-17 08:46:40

Liz Hurley and others on Brand Alley at the moment.

KatharinaRosalie Thu 12-Jan-17 08:55:41

If you're 9 stone, I would check your underbust measurement, you might need a smaller size than 32 (and bigger cup). If you're not too comfortable in bikini then Fantasie often has designs with a little more coverage. Ebay is a good place to check for bargains - tthe shops there normally offer returns.

specialsubject Thu 12-Jan-17 09:33:00

Due to the drying problem, the intense sun and the insects, take boardshorts ( no bikini knickers) unpadded bikini tops, rash vest and sun hat.

stayathomegardener Thu 12-Jan-17 10:07:55

Thank you all, I knew style and beauty would know!
I shall start ploughing through your recommendations today. (Love the specifics like more coverage on the bottom) And Thailand tips- rash vests and board shorts added.
Impressed by Katherlina, last time I was measured for a bra about 18 months ago I was a 30E Rigby and Peller so very good and you managed that just on paper!

stayathomegardener Thu 12-Jan-17 10:08:48

Katherine... Hate that you can't go back to check spellings.

NavyandWhite Thu 12-Jan-17 10:09:38

My favourite swimwear is by seafolly. It's really good quality and lasts forever. Fairly pricey but worth it imo. It does come up small though so would advice ordering the next size.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now