Talk

Advanced search

Do I wear Hyaluronic when home alone?

(7 Posts)
piddleypower Wed 11-Jan-17 14:29:09

So I have got a brilliant facial regime now thanks to all you lovely people.

But I don't quite understand Hyaluronic. Does it just make your face LOOK better (i.e. temporary plumping out thereby reducing wrinkles) or does it actually do anything long term and beneficial?

If it just makes it LOOK better then I am wasting my money putting it on when I am working from home by myself all day, and would be better just using my serum and moisturisers after my morning cleanse?

Itsalldramarama Wed 11-Jan-17 15:36:49

Interesting ! I just googled and found this , in topical form it seems it's more cosmetic than treatment/prevention
www.google.co.uk/amp/beautyeditor.ca/.amp/2014/03/11/hyaluronic-acid-skin-benefits?client=safari

Jointhejoyrun75 Wed 11-Jan-17 15:58:08

I would use it daily if it works for you and especially if you have dry skin, as it keeps moisture in your skin. I am not sure it has a lasting effect on its own, you are right about that.

FreeButtonBee Wed 11-Jan-17 16:41:54

I think it is pretty temporary but I do find that regular use seems to keep everything plumper than with sporadic use. So my 11s between my eyebrows are pretty much a thing of the past and the nasolabia lines are much softer all the time. So I use it every day morning and night. I also find it means I use less of everything else afterwards so less moisturiser/oil/other serums.

Whatabloodyidiot1 Wed 11-Jan-17 16:57:16

I use it twice a day regardless of where I'm going, I've got dry skin though and this really helps, especially in winter.

piddleypower Wed 11-Jan-17 18:08:25

Thanks. I guess if it is keeping the moisture in then that will have a cumulative long term good effect.

Aedh Wed 11-Jan-17 20:00:46

Lidl do a brilliant hyaluronic moisturiser for around £4ish.
I wear it everyday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now