Talk

Advanced search

Bought these in boxing day sale, which one would you keep?

(25 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Wed 11-Jan-17 11:43:21

in navy
navy
Which one would you say is most timeless? Rose coat fits nice, next coat hasn't arrived yet but expected in a few weeks so not actually tried it.. Wondering whether to keep the Rose Coat or see the next one. It's got to be a long term keeper.

Sunnysidegold Wed 11-Jan-17 12:55:27

I'd probably say the navy one is the most timeless because navy is a good Base to go with lots of other colours.the rose coat is nice though! Will you be able to try the next one on before you decide or does the boden one have to go back soon?

keeponkeepinon Wed 11-Jan-17 13:08:19

Boden going back very soon yes! I don't think it's likely the next one will turn up before then. Should have made it clear, both coats are in navy just not sure which to go for, Boden or Next.
100% cotton coat or 74% wool?
(Cotton might fade? wool warmer for a smart winter coat?)
Button up to top or open neck peacoat? (Is button up to top aging? Hadn't thought this when I tried it on though. And it has a beautiful lining! )
What's going to be most stylish in the long term?

taybert Wed 11-Jan-17 13:52:17

My experience of stuff in the next sale with a long delivery time is that it often doesn't end up coming. If you need a coat now and you like the Boden one and it fits then I'd just get wearing it.

keeponkeepinon Wed 11-Jan-17 13:56:22

What are boden like for sale returns? Next one due by 8th feb

PrimalLass Wed 11-Jan-17 14:15:24

Boden one.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Wed 11-Jan-17 14:18:49

I prefer the Boden coat.

J3NN1 Wed 11-Jan-17 14:22:10

Boden one is very nice, judging by the photos (very hard to do) it looks better quality than the next one but you'll have to see once (if) the next one arrives.

keeponkeepinon Wed 11-Jan-17 14:33:22

Oh! Lovely! I'm not sure if the next one looks kind of thin as well. I did wonder at such a large reduction, whether the reviews weren't great but you can't find the reviews for clearance stuff. Half price on boden too, but I honestly think it's worth the price I paid, beautiful lining and lovely roomy pockets. It would be overpriced at full price yes, but fair and a good price at just under 60. (I got it at sale price minus 10%)

J3NN1 Wed 11-Jan-17 14:41:18

If you're very happy with it then keep it smile
The next one looks a lot cheaper than the boden - I know you can't really tell unless you see them on the flesh, just checked the materials & the boden one is 98% cotton 2% elastastane and the next one is a mix of wool, nylon and polyester. I think the next one might not be as soft and looks like it will have that weird sheen you sometimes get on wool mix coats, so boden would win for quality from me star

Suzytwoshoes Wed 11-Jan-17 14:44:10

I can't help thinking the next one looks like a miners coat! Sorry!
Boden for me!

keeponkeepinon Wed 11-Jan-17 15:30:21

I think that's the problem J3nn1, I can't see the quality of the next one so it's hard to know if it's worth waiting for or just cancelling. It does look kind of thin on the photo and I can see that the boden coat is lovely quality. (I know I keep harping on but having a pretty lining does make a difference to me! Those little details!)

lyricaldancer Wed 11-Jan-17 15:43:05

The Boden coat. The next one does look cheaper I think.

Hohumming Wed 11-Jan-17 15:55:34

I prefer the Boden coat although I know it is hard to decide as Boden style their clothes better. I think the Biden looks more expensive and I prefer its shape.

keeponkeepinon Wed 11-Jan-17 17:43:37

Seems like a Boden vote on this occasion?

keeponkeepinon Wed 11-Jan-17 19:44:52

Bumping for the evening visitors? Do you agree with the Boden majority?

fruitbats Wed 11-Jan-17 19:51:14

Evening visitor checking in. grin
Definitely Boden, however, they have a 1 year no quibble returns policy and I think this applies to reduced stuff also.

keeponkeepinon Wed 11-Jan-17 21:04:48

It's unanimous then! I think I might be bold and just cancel the next order!

Hohumming Wed 11-Jan-17 22:11:29

Honestly? If you are deliberating so much and are so uncertain, perhaps you should keep looking until you find something you really love?

ImYourWomanJonSnow Thu 12-Jan-17 09:09:16

The Boden coat is for spring, surely you will be freezing in it when temp drops below 10 degrees? (Or am I misunderstanding and you're not planning on wearing it in the winter)?

In any case if you are not sure about it it's not worth keeping even if it is a bargain, especially if you're looking for a coat to keep and wear for a long time says me who takes three years to change a coat to something I love

keeponkeepinon Thu 12-Jan-17 11:50:42

I get what you are saying. This is for milder days, I have a toasty parka for the depths of winter. I question everything I buy now, part of trying not to over buy or make mistakes. I question it a lot, then if I still love the item and feel confident I would still be wearing it months or years down the line, then it's a keeper. I do think it's a lovely coat and have done for months, I got swayed by wondering what the next coat might be like. I'm an unnecessary ditherer!

Hohumming Thu 12-Jan-17 20:44:11

I understand OP. I do the same myself, that or I buy three of everything as I can't make up my mind and I convince myself that my new purchase will change my life!

What does your gut say?

keeponkeepinon Fri 13-Jan-17 11:05:08

It says Boden. I'm cancelling the order on the pea coat at next. I've been sufficiently put off!

burnishedsilver Fri 13-Jan-17 11:29:43

I'm sorry I looked because now I'm tempted to buy the Boden coat. It's lovely.

keeponkeepinon Fri 13-Jan-17 15:40:46

Sorry burnished. It is rather nice. It's soft brushed cotton and has a beautiful lining. Not helpful, sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now