Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried the new Dyson hairdryer yet?

(6 Posts)
MagicChicken Wed 11-Jan-17 05:55:11

And is it worth the money?

What is so great about it? I struggle to dry my hair without ending up with a bit of a bird's nest of frizz. I'm so tempted but it's an awful lot of money for something I haven't tried first.

lorelairoryemily Wed 11-Jan-17 06:35:56

Hi magicchicken, I haven't used it personally, but in my opinion i think you would need to have some skill with a hairdryer in general to make a huge investment like that, I know someone with extremely frizzy hair who isn't very good at blow drying, who got one for Christmas and her hair looks no better, I think it would work great if you were already good at blowdrying your own hair, which very few of us are!! (I'm a hairdresser btw)

lorelairoryemily Wed 11-Jan-17 06:37:27

Posted too soon!! I always use the ghd to smooth my own hair because you just don't have the same control with your own that you do with someone else's, hope that helps?!

WeAreEternal Wed 11-Jan-17 06:52:03

My Dsis bought me one for Christmas and I love it.
I can blow dry my hair in half the time it used to take, it definitely leaves my hair feeling much softer and the blow holds for a lot longer.

I'm really particularly with my hair and don't use products and only BD it once a week so need a good dryer to make it worth it.

AgathaMystery Wed 11-Jan-17 08:20:23

I tried to buy one but they were sold out. I am trying the GHD Aura instead. I'm really impressed by it. Can't believe I am, but it really is a great dryer.

Saffronesque Wed 11-Jan-17 08:27:00

There's quite a few reviews here & the top one is someone with v frizzy hair
www.amazon.co.uk/Dyson-Supersonic-Hair-Dryer-Fuchsia/dp/B01JA6UM6Q/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1484123059&sr=1-1&keywords=dyson+hair+dryer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now