Talk

Advanced search

Hard wearing shoes

(4 Posts)
Dontfencemein Tue 10-Jan-17 20:53:33

I go through shoes really quickly. Can anyone recommend a brand that is tough and durable whilst fashionable at the same time?

emsyj37 Tue 10-Jan-17 20:56:06

Depends what you deem 'fashionable' I suppose. I have found Clarks to be very hard wearing - their styles are hit and miss. I've got a pair of heeled brogues that I bought about 2 years ago and have worn and worn and there isn't a mark on them - they look nearly new. I also had some sandals that I wore every day all spring/summer for 2 years on the trot and I gave them to the charity shop in the end as I was bored with them but they looked barely worn. I do think their adult styles are better quality and more hard wearing than their kids' styles.

Hush Puppies are also quite good I think, although quite 'marmite' in style.

Cakescakescakes Tue 10-Jan-17 20:57:19

Can you get them reheeled or resoled? I always squeeze and extra few months out of mine this way.

BusterGonad Wed 11-Jan-17 05:30:51

If I love a pair of shoes/boots I will get them re heeled/soled until they can no longer be fixed. I've had Faith boots for 7 years until the backs wore through due to driving, I've had pump style shoes from Clarks that died due to the leather strap breaking. All my favorite footwear gets resoled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now