Talk

Advanced search

Capsule wardrobe after post-baby weight loss

(2 Posts)
Minimincepies Tue 10-Jan-17 20:29:18

I've lost 4 stone following the birth of my DS 7 months ago. I feel healthier for it but I have gone from a size 16-18 to a 10-12 and all my clothes are hanging off. My maternity pay stops next month so I can't afford a big shopping spree. To complicate matters I'm 5'10 and 32G which makes it difficult to find clothes at the best of times (doesn't help that I have no sense of style!).
What I really need is recommendations for a handful of essential items for a capsule wardrobe, where should I start?

29redshoes Tue 10-Jan-17 23:47:07

Congrats on your weight loss!

I'd start by thinking about what you actually need. Are you a SAHP or do you work? If you work, what sort of dress code? Do you live rurally or in the city? What do you spend your time doing, are you an outdoorsy person? Or more into eating out, theatre etc? Do you go to many formal events?

Sounds dull but it took me years to do this properly. I always had a wardrobe full of going out dresses despite spending most of the week in an office.

Think about what colours suit you as well. If you can build your wardrobe around 3-4 colours you'll have more luck mixing and matching and get more mileage out of your clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now