Talk

Advanced search

Please help - smart casual work dresses help urgently required !

(9 Posts)
Freekah Tue 10-Jan-17 20:06:23

I start a new job next week.
I am a size 18 with big tummy and need some new flattering smart / casual dresses to wear with boots / cardi . My workplace is fairly casual so I don't need jackets / smart.
I have trawled a few websites and can't seem to find much I like .
I am losing weight (gone from a 26 to current size ) so don't want to spend a lot.

Any ideas ? I am hopeless as was very fat for a long time so am not used to being a more 'normal' size.

OohNoDooEy Tue 10-Jan-17 20:18:37

Dorothy Perkins and asos. M&S swing dresses too. Amazing effort on your weight loss.

HardcoreLadyType Tue 10-Jan-17 20:29:54

Have you had a look at the ShopStyle website? There is also an app.

You can put a style of clothing in, and filter it down according to size, price, colour, etc, and it comes up with items from loads of different online shops.

I wear a lot of jersey skater dresses for work, and tunic-y sorts of things, with tights and boots foe work. Such an easy way to dress. No need for matching things, just pull it over your head, and you're done!

Freekah Tue 10-Jan-17 21:16:34

Thank you - have ordered some swing dresses and skater type so hopefully will have something I like and feel confident in .

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Tue 10-Jan-17 21:17:34

Sainsbury's! I'm a size 22, I have several dresses from there.

GardenGeek Tue 10-Jan-17 21:20:04

This sounds crazy but its not I promise grin

Sainsbury's is actually my go-to place for work dresses, and I always get compliments. They are really cheap so often I get around 4 dresses for £60.

When they are new they look just as great as expensive dresses and they wash really well.

Its worth a try if you have one nearby. Nothing too lose grin

GardenGeek Tue 10-Jan-17 21:20:31

Haha cross post - I know I spoke the wisdom grin

BikeRunSki Tue 10-Jan-17 21:26:54

Sainsbury's clothing also available on line now

Freekah Tue 10-Jan-17 21:44:58

I have just ordered this

tunic dress . I think I will love it .

Thanks for the help I am ordering loads to try.

Being an 18 is better than a 26 for clothes and a lot lot cheaper

I can't wait to be a 12 grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now