Talk

Advanced search

If you were getting married next month...what would you wear?!

(7 Posts)
Forkrightorf Tue 10-Jan-17 19:53:11

DP and I are finally tying the knot next month grin. Just the two of us at the registry office but I am very excited. I have NO idea what to wear... probably not a wedding dress but I am just stumped. Pretty dress? Jeans and a jumper? Smart dress, tights and boots? I'm not being drawn in any particular direction!
If you were getting quietly hitched next month, what would you pick?

5000candlesinthewind Tue 10-Jan-17 19:57:46

What's your usual style?
If I had money to splash I'd be tempted to go a bit suity, something along the lines of Stella McCartney.
If you are a bit more girly you could go for a pretty dress, maybe something off Chi Chi London? They have some lovely stuff that just makes you want to twirl!

Congratulations by the way!

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 10-Jan-17 20:30:14

I'd go for something chic rather than fancy-fancy. So for me, maybe a nice dress from somewhere like Whistles or &other stories with opaques and low heeled ankle boots. I'd want to look like me - and I would be a person who is getting married rather than a bride - and while I'd want something I felt great in, I'd want to be able to wear it again. I'd definitely go and get my hair/nails done before, and wear fabulous lipstick and perfume. I'd probably splash out on a really amazing new fragrance too.

(I have thought about this a lot, as this is pretty much our plan too - hope you have a wonderful day!)

MightyMunki Tue 10-Jan-17 20:43:18

I'd be tempted to go for the pretty dress option. Something like one of these:

www.asos.com/frock-and-frill/frock-and-frill-high-neck-embellished-midi-skater-dress/prd/7318580?iid=7318580&clr=Lavenderblue&SearchQuery=&cid=8799&pgesize=204&pge=0&totalstyles=986&gridsize=3&gridrow=50&gridcolumn=3

www.asos.com/maya/maya-embellished-midi-dress-with-fluted-sleeve-with-lace-up-back/prd/7502186?iid=7502186&clr=Grey&SearchQuery=&cid=8799&pgesize=204&pge=1&totalstyles=986&gridsize=3&gridrow=7&gridcolumn=2

www.asos.com/little-mistress/little-mistress-embroidered-lace-midi-dress-with-tulle-skirt/prd/7295609?iid=7295609&clr=Mink&SearchQuery=&cid=8799&pgesize=204&pge=1&totalstyles=986&gridsize=3&gridrow=28&gridcolumn=1

Forkrightorf Tue 10-Jan-17 20:46:12

Thank you both smile 5000, my usual style is playgroup-chic although in a previous life I like to think I was quite stylish and a bit edgy. Chi Chi London is a great shout - I've been trawling asos but nothing was appealing very much. I'm loving these twirly skirts
http://www.chichiclothing.com/products/Chi-Chi-Marlowe-Skirt.html
maybe with black tights and ankle boots and my leather biker... it's more of an idea than I've had all week!
Thank you both for responding smile

FelixFelix Tue 10-Jan-17 20:46:59

Definitely something from Needle & Thread!

Forkrightorf Tue 10-Jan-17 20:48:24

Mighty that third dress is a corker... twirly skirts definitely seem to be calling to me this evening!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now