Talk

Advanced search

ethical clothes

(7 Posts)
yellowflags Tue 10-Jan-17 17:08:07

Do you buy ethical clothes? And if so, where? I like the clothes from Braintree (also like the models on their site - normal sized) but they don't have any decent trousers. Boden seems very expensive for the quality and I'm not convinced about their ethical credentials. All other ethical shops are either really expensive or not smart enough for work. Does anyone else know somewhere good to go?

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 10-Jan-17 17:19:41

Have you looked at PeopleTree? They have some navy chinos in the sale www.peopletree.co.uk/women/trousers/clara-chino-trousers-in-navy
There is a website all about ethical fashion and rating different brands. I can't think of the name right now but will see if it's comes back to me.
Love label? Something like that.

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 10-Jan-17 17:23:30

This Stylist article mentions a couple of labels I've not heard of
www.stylist.co.uk/fashion/ethical-fashion-brands-you-need-in-your-wardrobe

Maplessglobe Tue 10-Jan-17 18:21:55

fashion conscience?

Floisme Tue 10-Jan-17 18:24:02

There was a useful thread about this a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can find it.

Floisme Tue 10-Jan-17 18:47:17

Here's the thread It was quite a good discussion although it looks like I may have killed it so hope I don't do the same here!

To answer your op, I don't buy from ethical retailers very often, except sometimes from People Tree, because I struggle to find any that are my style (although there are some suggestions in that thread I hadn't heard of). But my new years resolution was to try and clean up my act by shopping more thoughtfully, buying more second hand and checking out who on the high street might be the best of a pretty awful lot.

yellowflags Tue 10-Jan-17 20:21:33

Ah, thank you flo that thread is excellent. But disappointing news about the factory workers' treatment by suppliers to major brands.

Very interesting to think about trying to buy second hand before buying ethical but new. I do also think it's worth supporting ethical brands, though, even as a symbolic gesture. Perhaps I should look for some workwear on eBay and get it altered. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now