Talk

Advanced search

warm, waterproof and stylish coat

(1 Post)
DaisyBD Tue 10-Jan-17 15:49:10

does such a holy grail exist? I am always freezing. It is always raining. I don't want to look like I'm on a hike when I'm in town. What the actual fuck can I wear? Last week I bought this beauty and I absolutely love it but I'm too frightened to wear it as I will trash it in the rain.

So I'm mostly wearing my boring and practical uniqlo down coat (nice and cosy round the legs as it's super long) but even that is not warm enough, so I have a thick northface gilet underneath (double puff) and it's not even waterproof.

I have a beautiful fitted tweed coat with a silk lining, it's almost ankle length and I get tons of compliments but it only has two buttons and it's very close fitting so it's not in the least bit warm. And it's more country than city. And unwaterproof obviously.

Trench coat? I've wondered about getting one but I've never owned one in my long long life so that's telling me something. Also it doesn't strike me as being warm.

I do own an umbrella of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now