Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had any cashmere from Primark? Does it bobble if you even look at it?

(11 Posts)
oliveoil Thu 22-Feb-07 12:51:45

I have a lovely grey hooded cardigan in my bag - £35. 100% cashmere.

Have not tried it on so it may go back anyway but how does it wear?

Other stuff from there has washed ok, some crap but I am talking £4 tops, but £35 is astronomical for Primark!

jellybellie Thu 22-Feb-07 12:54:04

I bought a cashmere jumper from Jigsaw that cost way more than £35 and is gorgeous but it bobbles after every wear (especially if worn all day rather than for e.g. an evening out). I think its just something that happens to cashmere if it gets normal wear and tear.

If it helps, Lakeland sell a defuzzer thingy which is great (and only cost a couple of quid if I remember correctly)

juicychops Thu 22-Feb-07 12:58:44

i bought a grey hooded cardigan for £35 from Primark prob the same one! and ive worn it lots now and accidently washed it in the washing machine.

Still looks as good as it did when i bought it

jellybellie Thu 22-Feb-07 13:05:29

Just goes to show that you don't always get what you pay for!

oliveoil Thu 22-Feb-07 13:14:23

oh good, hope it fits then

thanks for that

x

northerner Thu 22-Feb-07 13:18:20

I didn't even know Primark sold cashmere. My nearest one is leeds and the thought of venturing into leeds with a 4 year old scares me.

I ordered a friend who lives there to bring me back one of theire 'must have' trench coats last week. It was £15 and I love it. So many folk have commented on it.

oliveoil Thu 22-Feb-07 13:32:05

I brave Primark everynow and then for a job lot of vests, t-shirts, jumpers etc

IT IS HIDEOUS

Full of sad children and hatchet faced mothers saying "shut it you" to them

DizzyDave Thu 22-Feb-07 13:34:13

northerner- there's a primark at white rose as well as in leeds city centre. white rose probably easier to handle with a 4 year old? plus free parking.

Lucycat Thu 22-Feb-07 13:34:44

The one in Manchester is like that isn't it OO?

real subculture, a place to get in and out of as quickly as possible - with a little detour via TKMaxx in the basement

NotQuiteCockney Thu 22-Feb-07 13:36:14

Cashmere isn't a very hard-wearing yarn. It's lovely and soft, but it isn't very sturdy. (Coming at this from a knitters perspective ...)

northerner Thu 22-Feb-07 13:41:13

White Rose - yes hadn't thought of that.

Where is it actually? Am off to google to find out.

Much prefer to Primark when childless though, d s hates shopping at the best of times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now