Talk

Advanced search

Mother of the Bride Advice

(4 Posts)
DorisDay88 Tue 10-Jan-17 11:39:37

Does anyone think it will be ok to wear the same hat and shoes but totally different outfit to my two daughters weddings?
My eldest got married 4 years ago in church and my treat to myself was a bespoke hat - got the outfit, shoes and bag in the sales and spent more on the hat then the rest put together but it was perfect and I still love it
My youngest is getting married later this year - I have a new outfit, different style etc but the hat goes perfectly with it and even tones with the bridesmaids dresses - I was thinking of maybe changing the trim but the lady who made it doesn't do hats anymore and really it matches so well there'd be no point
I only wore the hat to the church and for photos and took it off for the reception
My shoes, which I've never worn since also match
If you were a guest would you notice/care that I'd got the same hat on - I know I wouldn't but just wanted some opinions please

wifework Tue 10-Jan-17 11:44:44

What does your daughter think? As a guest (even of both weddings) I wouldn't notice, but she might I suppose.

If she is happy then yes! Go for it!

PenelopeFlintstone Tue 10-Jan-17 11:50:16

Probably wouldn't notice. Wouldn't think it odd if I did. Enjoy the weddings!

DorisDay88 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:09:38

Thank you both - my daughter is fine with it so I'll definitely wear the hat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now