Talk

Advanced search

Where to shop for wide shoes?

(17 Posts)
ohanami Mon 09-Jan-17 23:47:25

My feet are really wide- I used to measure as an H fitting when I was a teenager and usually have to go up a size to find wide enough shoes. I'd love to find some that actually fit, but most standard "extra wide" shoes are only an E, which isn't wide enough (or they look like something my grandmother would have worn reluctantly). Are there any high street options for really, really wide feet? I've given up now and Wear cheap and cheerful supermarket ballet pumps as they stretch to cover the widest parts, but I'd love to step out in something beautiful that fits.

Gingernaut Mon 09-Jan-17 23:51:43

Fifty plus, Marisota or Cosyfeet.

Sorry.

Fozzleyplum Tue 10-Jan-17 00:02:06

Google Hassia. They are a German shoe manufacturer that do G and H fitting shoes. The ballet pumps are really comfortable, look good and are a lot more durable than most - mine have lasted years. They are expensive, though.

ohanami Tue 10-Jan-17 23:38:16

Thanks for the ideas. Will take a look. There must be good shoes out there somewhere (or so my dh tells me as he slides his regular size feet into a pair of well fitting, good quality boots that took him 5 minutes to find and choose...)

Agiraffeisnotacat Tue 10-Jan-17 23:39:10

Evans?

CountFosco Wed 11-Jan-17 18:24:35

How about Ted and Muffy? I've not bought from them but they look fab and are recommended by en brogue who I love. Don't know quite how wide they'd be though, but they have a sizing guide so you'll be able to work it out. Some lovely shoes in the sale still...

dannyglick Wed 11-Jan-17 18:53:49

Evans, Primark and New Look all have Extra Wide styles.

Lemond1fficult Wed 11-Jan-17 18:58:21

Someone else has suggested Ted and Muffy - their shoes and boots all come in 3 fittings and go up to 24cm (you measure round the widest part of your foot, just under your toes). They also have variable calf fittings.

newroundhere Wed 11-Jan-17 19:22:30

Just placemarking as I have the same issue. Bought some shoes from Hotter when I was pg and my feet got even wider but they were pretty ugly sad

Methenyouplus4 Wed 11-Jan-17 19:55:25

Worth a try if you're on the high street, I actually find some styles of Monsoon shoes pretty wide. I usually have to try and size up for width but don't with some of theirs. I'd go for their natural materials e.g. leather/suede in sale for best value for money. I also bought a flat pair of real leather brown boots (with elastic on side, the riding style) from Sainsburys and they are really comfy on my really wide feet.

Wolfcub Wed 11-Jan-17 19:58:08

Evans. They go up to a triple E fitting

Womble75 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:22:29

Evans, Simply Be, Next, New Look all have extra wide fittings.

WheresTheCoffee Fri 13-Jan-17 19:21:59

I feel your pain! I wish I could choose shoes by style rather than what odd ones I find that fit.
I get on well with Good for the Sole pumps (Debenhams) and also Rocketdog trainers but only the Jazzin style as this has a wide round toe.
I hope you find something you like smile

CountFosco Sun 15-Jan-17 23:14:31

Nordstrom have a lot of wide shoes.

Just thought you'll probably get on well with bare foot shoes, try Vivobarefoot. I'm sure there must be more for adults I buy the kids loads of shoes from Happy Little Soles but most of the brands only go up to size 5. Livia and Luca use to do gorgeous women's shoes but don't seem to make them anymore. Clearly there's a gap in the market.

MouseLove Sun 15-Jan-17 23:18:09

Evans, yoursclothing, simply be, Dorothy Perkins.

I have a size 9 shoe and even though my feet aren't wide, I know these places generally cater for us gifted in the foot. 😎

OutandIn Sun 15-Jan-17 23:20:32

M&S wide fit (may not be wide enough though)
Next - online though which is a pain but they have lots of choice and is goid for work shoes
Gabor can ne surprisingly wide but ££
I've never had any luck with Evan - shoes are weird shape or New Look.

Bensyster Mon 16-Jan-17 07:47:19

Where do you live? Maybe an independent shoe shop would suit you better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now