Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Invisalign price?

(15 Posts)
PosiePootlePerkins Mon 09-Jan-17 21:26:09

Hi. I had a consultation with an orthodontist today regarding straightening my overcrowded teeth. He went through all of the options and Invisalign seems very tempting. Apart from the 'invisible' element (I know they're not really!) I like the fact that they can be taken out to eat and clean teeth.
However I am a bit shocked at the price! I knew it would be in the thousands but today I was quoted £4700. If I pay £1800 upfront then they will divide the rest over 12 months interest free. It just seems an awful lot. Any ideas as to whether that's reasonable/normal?
Thanks.

Summer23 Mon 09-Jan-17 21:58:41

Invisalign is great, for the reasons you mention. Once you get past the initial 2 days or so it's really easy and the changes are amazing. The price you've been quoted is over £1000 more that what I paid for both upper and lower trays, including whitening. I would get a quote from somewhere else, to compare.

PosiePootlePerkins Mon 09-Jan-17 22:06:43

Thanks for that Summer. OK I'll definitely look at prices elsewhere, thanks.

Emily7708 Mon 09-Jan-17 22:10:05

Where are you based? I had both top and bottom teeth done in Central London for a third of that price and would highly recommend them if you are within travelling distance.

DressageNut Mon 09-Jan-17 22:28:57

I've just paid £3500 for mine. Am in Hertfordshire.

MollyHuaCha Mon 09-Jan-17 22:40:01

We paid nearly £6000 for DS's Invisalign in another country. It is a great system, but needs the wearer to be 100% committed.

Puppymouse Mon 09-Jan-17 23:08:03

Somerset here and mine was at least 3k - closer to 4 I think interest free over 3 or 4 years. That was over 5 years ago.

PosiePootlePerkins Tue 10-Jan-17 06:30:39

Hi everyone thanks for the replies. Seems I am going to need to get a different quote. I am in Hampshire.

myfavouritecolourispurple Tue 10-Jan-17 08:15:52

I'm in Hampshire and I was also told around £3k for my son and that's for a fixed brace (upper and lower) so I imagine invisalign would be more expensive. However, he qualifies for NHS treatment.

PosiePootlePerkins Tue 10-Jan-17 12:39:58

Thanks favourite I was quoted £3500 for fixed braces. I'd rather be discreet though if possible, Invisalign are what I would choose as an ideal. I am going to ring round today and see if I can get some comparable quotes over the phone.

jenster1976 Tue 10-Jan-17 12:44:27

I;m currently half way through my treatment - i went for a deposit andthe rest on interest free 12 months - think its about £3500 in total - my course is for about 18 months and seems quite complicated. My dentist offers it and has only recently been offering a number of deals (annoyingly!) definitely shop around.

SwimmingMom Tue 10-Jan-17 12:47:57

Try Bupa dental in Holborn. They charged me around £2500 for upper & lower. They further discount if you pay upfront. Excellent service & results! It's worth shopping around. I think those with higher patient volumes are able to discount a lot, so central London will be cheapest!

SplatPancake Tue 10-Jan-17 13:15:05

Wiltshire, ooh arrr: £1800 - upper only but including whitening afterwards. Mine aren't really terrible though (but crooked enough to trap food and piss me off mightily, and were getting worse with age).

It will be a short treatment - I'm halfway through and already amazed!

Definitely shop around

thriftymrs Tue 10-Jan-17 13:44:07

I have Sapphire braces,, upper and lower. Dentist says I'm quite a difficult case (my teeth, not me personally!). Cost is £3,500 and I live in the South East. I've been with my dentist for a long time, he didn't ask for a deposit. Appointments are every 6 weeks and I pay £350 each time. He estimates a minimum of 12 months for the treatment. I am nearly 4 months in now. It is hard work, it's difficult to eat anything other than very soft food, so mostly living on soups, pasta and mashed potato. The brace wires dig into my cheeks. As my teeth move around, some days it hurts more than others. Constantly checking to make sure I don't have bits of food stuck. You do really have to be committed. I will want them whitened but I haven't discussed that yet, so no doubt I will have to pay more for that at the end. Next step for me is extractions which I am dreading. But I have always dreamed of having lovely teeth rather than my current bunch of uneven gravestones and it's very satisfying seeing them starting to even out. He takes a lot of photographs and it's quite painful having various mirrors and pieces of plastic shoved in my mouth to open it all out so he can get the right photos but I think he's intending to publish my case in a journal or something. I should have asked for royalties!

PosiePootlePerkins Tue 10-Jan-17 18:22:54

Thanks for the replies, really interesting to hear all the different treatments and prices. Swimmingmom thanks for the recommendation but Holburn is too far for me to travel. Sounds really reasonable though. Will see if there's a Bupa near to me. Splatpancake good to know its working for you. thrifymrs I haven't heard of that brand. I hope the end results are worth it, I'm sure it will be fab to have a good smile.
I have phoned round a few more dentists this afternoon and the price does seem roughly about right for my area, although of course they need to see me to give an exact quote. Have booked into another practice that I liked the sound of over the phone, its a bit further away but the lady I spoke to seemed to think it could work out a bit cheaper. I'll see what happens.
Thanks again for all the advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: