Talk

Advanced search

Work trousers

(13 Posts)
SingingGoldfinch Mon 09-Jan-17 18:01:24

Hi - please help me finally find the perfect work trousers! I'm really struggling to find any that fit, keep their shape and look stylish. I am tall-ish (5"10) so need 34" leg which is my biggest problem as they all tend to be ankle swingers on me. I'm a size 10/12 depending on shop. I work in a smart, corporate setting so needs to be fairly classic but I like to be fashionable without being too cutting-edge. I wear tapered/cropped trousers in spring/summer because the length is not such an issue but during winter it's skirts/dresses only. Any ideas?

happystory Mon 09-Jan-17 18:08:24

Have had some success with Autograph at M and S

LaPampa Mon 09-Jan-17 19:22:43

Have you tried JCrew?

TheBitterBoy Mon 09-Jan-17 19:30:30

I am the same height and inside leg as you, and have several pairs of trousers from Zara and Mango, their standard length is very long. I also have some trousers from Next in XL, which are a perfect length, annoyingly only available online not in store in XL. As pp said, M&S autograph can be good, and I also have a couple of pairs of Boden trousers in their longer length.

SingingGoldfinch Mon 09-Jan-17 19:45:05

Thanks for the helpful comments. I have had several pairs of next XL trousers but find they just don't last - the hems nearly always come down. I have also tried both Zara and Mango but seem to be a bit too hippy for their styles - frustrating as they do seem to be longer in length. I'm a massive Boden fan but have yet to find a pair of full length trousers that fit right. Maybe I'm not trying the right ones though. I've not tried m&s autograph or Crew - will give them a look.

puglife15 Mon 09-Jan-17 19:52:44

I'm eyeing up these but not in Tall...

m.asos.com/asos-tall/asos-tall-woven-peg-trousers-with-obi-tie/prd/6955494?iid=6955494&clr=Navy&SearchQuery=Tall%20peg%20trousera&pgesize=24&pge=0&totalstyles=24&gridsize=2&gridrow=8&gridcolumn=2

SingingGoldfinch Mon 09-Jan-17 20:04:38

Like those puglife, just not sure on the shoe factor. They look great with sandals but not convinced they'd look as good with shoes for the office?

forgottenusername Mon 09-Jan-17 22:43:53

I'm watching and hoping for inspiration. I also need 34" trousers, although in a even hippier size 16. I've had success in Dorothy Perkins before, but only if you want very dull black. I've been hoping for something a little more exciting...

SingingGoldfinch Tue 10-Jan-17 07:27:55

Pleased to find someone who shares my pain op!! And I totally agree on the boring black thing. The only trousers I've had for years have been black or occasionally navy. I'd really like some grey wool ones or maybe a light pinstripe - no luck at all!! I'm not even sure what shape I should be looking for. hmm

Bejazzled Tue 10-Jan-17 18:15:58

Uniqlo had XL (16) wool blend in charcoal stripe on sale yesterday. £14.90

Bluntness100 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:24:06

Hugo boss tailored trousers are about that length, they basically are made round taller German women, next also do a long which comes in at about 35 inches.

Bluntness100 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:24:40

Also ASOS, do long which is ok.

leccybill Tue 10-Jan-17 18:26:30

Don't laugh but I've got some amazing tailored just the right fit trousers from TU at Sainsburys... but they are red. I luffs them though. Do wish they came in black or pinstripe aswell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now