Talk

Advanced search

To the style gurus ...What bottoms with these tops please ?

(12 Posts)
Mojomummy Thu 22-Feb-07 10:28:20

Had a personal shopper at Debenhams & she came up with these 2 tops for me (amongst other things)

They are very nice but I haven't worn them yet 'cos I don't know what to wear on the bottom. When I saw her I was still in my maternity jeans, but now have lost a couple of pounds so can squeeze into old jeans. They are a little snug, but they are all bootleg, which I think isn't quite right ?

What should I wear on the botton half in terms of trousers/jeans (please not leggings - am 38) & what shoes ?

I am 5ft 3 & 8 1/2 stone with a flat bottom

green

mustard

scatterbrain Thu 22-Feb-07 10:29:53

I think you need skinny leg jeans or some nice baggy trousers ! Depends if you want the skinny or baggy look I guess - but Bootleg is wrong I agree !

FluffyMummy123 Thu 22-Feb-07 10:30:00

Message withdrawn

Lizzylou Thu 22-Feb-07 10:30:42

OOh, they are lovely.
My friend was wearing a jumper very similar to the green one when I saw her at the weekend, she wore it with choc brown cords, looked great.

NbgsYellowFeathers Thu 22-Feb-07 10:32:02

Oooo nice tops!

I'd go for skinny trousers or jeans with either pumps or some nice tan coloured knee high boots.

Mojomummy Thu 22-Feb-07 10:34:01

Oooo thanks, so skinny is the look, but what & from where ?

looked at the recommended scarlett jeans, which are slim bootcut, don't know where to go for straight leg..any ideas ?

NbgsYellowFeathers Thu 22-Feb-07 10:39:58

these have a slight bootcut to them
full on skinny jean
leggings if you can do it
skinny trouser
boots
pumps

NbgsYellowFeathers Thu 22-Feb-07 11:50:06

Were they that bad

greenday Thu 22-Feb-07 12:05:27

jeans jeans jeans - straight leg, darkish blue. Straight leg jeans - you can wear them full on, or you can fold them up to show a bit of your boots in colder weather or sandals in warmer times. They're smart looking and versatile and they're not as awkward as skinny ones. They'll go so well with your tops.

Mojomummy Thu 22-Feb-07 19:44:12

hello, no the links were great thank you !

I've had girlfriends over today (+ their children) & us mums have had a great time trying on the clothes discussing what goes with what. I wore the mustard top today with Gap bootcut jeans - due to a lack of anything else....& my red slippers

Will be seeking out skinny-ish bottoms on Sunday.

Deffo after indigo straight legs, but with a bit of stretch.

anniemac Fri 23-Feb-07 10:44:09

Message withdrawn

Mojomummy Fri 23-Feb-07 17:35:09

can you recommend some jeans for flat bums ?

I've been on the ilovejeans, but not found the jeans recommended.

I've just bought GAP long & lean (just being taken up, but could do with at least another pair.

Don't like low back one, which show builders bums

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now