Talk

Advanced search

Be honest: what should I do?

(49 Posts)
tigerdriverII Sun 08-Jan-17 21:34:35

I am massively unphotogenic so ignore the bonkers look on my face.

What do you think I should do to look better? Skin, make up, hair: but no fillers or surgery.

pyjamasonbananas Sun 08-Jan-17 21:36:22

I think you look lovely.

Catcrazy08 Sun 08-Jan-17 21:40:29

I'd say brunette definitely , I am a hairdresser...

tigerdriverII Sun 08-Jan-17 21:41:07

pyjamas : that's very sweet of you. Maybe I should have named this thread: 'how do I stop looking bonkers in photos '!

tigerdriverII Sun 08-Jan-17 21:43:39

Cat. I'm naturally a very dark blonde but now plagued by white temples and salt and pepper roots. Going light blonde but not middle aged highlight helmet seems like the best option

3strikes Sun 08-Jan-17 21:45:11

You look lovely just as you are.

And you don't look bonkers, just friendly and approachable!

Batwomanrisesagain Sun 08-Jan-17 21:45:48

I think you look lovely too, you have amazing skin with no lines. Do you wear makeup, your eyes would look amazing with makeup. Perhaps book a session at Mac or somewhere for up to date ideas?

EmmaC78 Sun 08-Jan-17 21:47:16

You could go to one of the make up counters and get a make up lesson. I got a free make up lesson at the Bobbi Brown counter and they were really good and recommending colours to suit me (and did not pressure me in to buying anything).

I think you would look nice as a brunette too with perhaps some layers cut in so you could straighten it and make your hair look a but sleeker. I say this as a person who hardly ever has the energy to dig out the straighteners smile

DorothyBastard Sun 08-Jan-17 21:51:17

You look lovely. You could pull off a strong lipstick

Jayfee Sun 08-Jan-17 21:52:23

Your face and skin look lovely. I think your hair needs taming a bit. Lots of products (I was going to try the horse shampoo in Boots (for humans) but not sure if it suits curly hair.

tigerdriverII Sun 08-Jan-17 21:52:33

Ooh, some great ideas here.

Have tried brunette, not very successfully, but TBH it would all be coverage now so I think tricky.

I'm wearing BB cream, mineral powder and eye makeup in the picture. Sounds like a trip to a good make up counter would be worthwhile!

tigerdriverII Sun 08-Jan-17 21:54:45

Horse shampoo!

I do straighten my hair but felt it had got a bit samey samey. It's about 3" longer if I straighten it!

lougle Sun 08-Jan-17 21:59:33

You've got lovely clear skin, and a really warm, kind looking face. I'd feel very comfortable meeting you, and you're not at all unphotogenic. Don't change too much, whatever you do. Be you.

thethoughtfox Sun 08-Jan-17 22:03:57

Work with those waves but make it a bit more polished. Blow dry it smooth then wind bits round a cheap wand (Bayliss do one for £25) This=nk Claire for Modern Family.

Chickydoo Sun 08-Jan-17 22:04:27

You are lovely!
Fab skin, amazing smile. A bit of frizz eaze in the hair ( I have exactly the same issue) if you wan't to tame it.
Your warmth shines out. don't change too much. 🍸

tigerdriverII Sun 08-Jan-17 22:14:01

Gosh:thank you all! I feel a bit choked up with all the unexpected nice comments!

Sounds like grooming the hair and a bit of eyes would make a difference.

SleepFreeZone Sun 08-Jan-17 22:15:31

I would use product in your hair to eliminate the frizz.

burnishedsilver Sun 08-Jan-17 22:16:07

Babyliss Big hair.

Twogoats Sun 08-Jan-17 22:17:04

You look very friendly and happy. You have a lovely natural blush in your cheeks.

I think you could wear a bit of mascara/ eyeliner to bring out your eyes more? Try it and see. smile

Bestthingever Sun 08-Jan-17 22:20:10

I love your bouncy hair! I wish I could get my hair to look like that. However I'd consult a good hairdresser about the colour. I think you need a colour that adds some warmth.

Pinotwoman82 Sun 08-Jan-17 22:20:14

Don't go brunette, it looks lovely as it is, maybe just tame it a bit? I've been to Clinique for a makeover and tips before and found they were very good. I'd love to try Bobbi brown but there isn't one near me.

blowmybarnacles Sun 08-Jan-17 22:20:17

I would love to have your hair! I would make the most of those curls.

tigerdriverII Sun 08-Jan-17 22:25:53

Right: going to sort out a makeover. My hair's particularly frizzy as I had little time to dry it this evening: only wash it once a week as it takes aaaaages to dry and style but I can tame it reasonably well when I have time. I've never really bothered with makeup but maybe should have a go at getting it right!

Katelocks Sun 08-Jan-17 22:29:07

I think you look lovely too. You could also try a keratin treatment to smooth your hair down (mine is similar to yours and this has worked miracles in making me look more done).

Maverickismywingman Sun 08-Jan-17 22:31:27

You look lovely. A conditioning treatment on your hair every so often but tbh I wouldn't change anything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now