Talk

Advanced search

Casual weekend dressing which isn't jeans

(10 Posts)
PhyllisWig Sun 08-Jan-17 20:03:03

So out with the family, lunch, long walks, shops, kids parties type days. No way smart AT ALL but stylishly relaxed (lol).

I have a weird sensory issue with stuff on my legs which means I don't really like denim/cords/tights even. I like loose jersey to be honest and as a result wear incredibly badly styled next harem pants constantly.

As a result I look a bit like a bag lady. Really frumpy and the shape of them make my large tummy look even worse.

I'd like the comfort and practicality of the trousers but more stylish frankly. Am short with curves and a big tum and thighs. Size 14 but heading to a 12. Must be a flat shoed look, ideally go with ankle boots/trainers.

Please don't tell me to look on Pinterest as I can never find anything I can translate into real life.

Hohumming Sun 08-Jan-17 20:49:45

Have a look at Hush for casual/daytime clothing. I find they do it really well. They are expensive for what they are but there is a sale on at the moment and you can also recreate their looks from other shops e.g. H&M.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sun 08-Jan-17 22:27:08

Skinny combats?

leggings worn as tights, with a jersey dress or casual skirt?

PhyllisWig Sun 08-Jan-17 22:47:52

Thanks both. Skinny combats may be worth a try thanks. I do leggings as tights on occasion but still find them a bit too much. It's v odd, I'm fine in work trousers in the week, I'm just weird!

Some of the Hush type stuff looks great. I like the idea of some layers, fine knit jumpers and trainers. May try with my existing bottoms and see how that works.

Thanks both.

Sparkesx Mon 09-Jan-17 13:05:53

How about smart high waisted 'jogger' type bottoms?

I regularly wear these types of bottoms at weekends, they look smart but casual and are so comfy!

these

or

these

eddiemairswife Mon 09-Jan-17 13:13:08

Well, at the moment , pyjamas seem to be the choice of many!!

knowler Mon 09-Jan-17 13:48:04

These are fab. Can be worn with flats like in the photo, or also look good with a heel for more dressed up occasions. really comfy but look really good. Make sure you get a discount code for Baukjen - never pay full price smile

Whisky2014 Mon 09-Jan-17 18:56:05

Marking place!

PhyllisWig Mon 09-Jan-17 22:31:18

Knowler those are almost exactly what I'm after! Ideally I'd prefer a navy rather than black but I may very well come back to those, thanks.

Will also try a couple of joggers. I looked at them today but didn't have time to try. I did order a grey fine knit jumper and picked up a grey loose shaped tshirt from primark today - sized down so it didn't swamp the waist. The challenge for me is fitting it together so it gives me shape I think.

Jointhejoyrun75 Tue 10-Jan-17 10:31:58

Choose a good heavyweight material for the joggers, like the Baukjen ones. Otherwise they can look a bit cheap I think if thinner material. Hush also do similarly nice ones with a zip at the ankle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now