Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a heavy-duty moisturiser!

(10 Posts)
octopusrus Sun 08-Jan-17 16:48:20

My usual Olay one just isn't cutting the mustard at the moment and I've got loads of dry flakes on my face, I can't wear any foundation or anything as it just peels off!

Can anyone recommend something stronger? I'm 37.

LeopardPrintSocks1 Sun 08-Jan-17 16:50:34

Weleda skin food is good

Branleuse Sun 08-Jan-17 16:50:46

have you tried using a night cream instead of a day cream, or using a facial oil

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 08-Jan-17 16:57:18

I'm finding I have to use a serum - there's a Superdrug one that's raved about that's good for dry/ dehydrated skin that I use. I found a few moisturisers are ok over this, but aldi brand (the caviar one) is as good as any.

NotTodaySatan Sun 08-Jan-17 17:01:12

I've recently been using this and it's absolutely gorgeous. Really rich and emollient but absorbs beautifully.

Have also noticed that my foundation/tinted moisturiser applies fantastically on top of it. And it's cheap!

VintagePerfumista Sun 08-Jan-17 17:45:22

Astral blue pot. Cheap as chips. Have used it on my neck since I was a teen and on very cold drying out days I use it as a night cream.

Beautifullymixed Sun 08-Jan-17 19:00:47

Layer your products OP.
Will work much better than a thick layer of gloopy cream.
Start with a serum /essence after cleansing and toning. I love hada labo hyaluronic lotion, or the Ordinary hyaluronic acid serum, then seal that in with a moisturiser.
You can then apply a few drops of oil afterwards to really add moisture, I love jojoba, or I add my lovely Mizon snail gel to seal in the moisture, and soothe any red patches.
This is my holy grail product, it really soothes my dry, dehydrated, reactive skin, without making it break out.

Saggingninja Sun 08-Jan-17 19:05:16

Octo in winter, I add a few drops of Jojoba or almond oil to my moisturiser at night. Skin gets dry not only from the weather but the effects of central heating as well. Depending on your skin type, a weekly gentle exfoliant might help too. I use the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser with a clean washcloth at night (if I'm wearing makeup I double cleanse with castor/jojoba oil first then cleansing balm). My dry skin feels quite comfortable this winter.

Good luck. smile

octopusrus Sun 08-Jan-17 22:00:54

Thanks for all the suggestions smile

Will have a look this week at the things you've recommended, I remember reading about the snail stuff a while ago, erk!!

UnoriginalNN Sun 08-Jan-17 23:24:11

I have started using the Nivea blue pot after seeing recs on here - so far, so good - oil cleansing at night followed by the Nivea (rubbed between hands first to make easily to apply). I wake up with really moisturised skin, and then just use another Nivea one in a tube called Rich Moisturiser or something for the day. So far, so good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now