Talk

Advanced search

'Perfect' office trousers, do you own them?

(12 Posts)
Bejazzled Sun 08-Jan-17 13:56:41

If so where do you buy them?
Need to be black or navy, slim leg (I don't suit wide leg or bootcut) and standard length of 29/30 inches.

honeylou42 Sun 08-Jan-17 14:59:09

M&S Tapered leg are some of the nicest I have found , and are super flattering smile

bojorojo Sun 08-Jan-17 15:00:09

My DD is a Barrister and swears by L K Bennett black trousers. Hobbs worth a look too. Cheap and cheerful - M&S.

Borisrules Sun 08-Jan-17 15:03:20

I got some gorgeous navy skinny trousers from phase eight. They have a slight stretch in them. No pockets though. I've had loads of compliments.

TitsCrossed Sun 08-Jan-17 15:04:05

<Whispers> Boden
The only thing worth buying from them IMO, Richmond trousers and pencil skirts.

TitsCrossed Sun 08-Jan-17 15:48:54

Although, having just checked the Boden website I see the price has gone up considerably 😨 maybe wait for a sale! Although I bought mine a few years ago they still going strong in terms of shape. The colour has faded slightly, more so on the navy than the black.

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Sun 08-Jan-17 16:13:56

I buy my work trousers from M &S and Next, but I agree that Boden Richmond trousers are really good if you've got the budget for them.

shirkingworking Sun 08-Jan-17 16:31:36

Reiss always work for me (slim pear shape)... I like the Darlas - very skinny. I have them in navy and black

VintagePerfumista Sun 08-Jan-17 20:20:51

On another thread have just recommended these, ignore the wanky name and the M&S thing, they are fabulous.

www.marksandspencer.com/secret-support-boot-leg-trousers/p/p22472715?image=SD_01_T59_2198B_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=srp&pdpredirect

Also have Gap bi-stretch and Richmonds from Boden but both are less worky than the M&S ones and much more elasticky so have tendency to rouche round knees. Both good quality though- and like pp has said, I buy with codes or in sale only.

megletthesecond Sun 08-Jan-17 20:27:53

I don't. Affordable (under £15 a pair) black stretch slim office trousers don't seem to exist.

I think I'm going to have to buy a more expensive pair and wash every evening <<sigh>>.

Whyhellodaffodil Sun 08-Jan-17 20:38:16

Mango do some lovely ones- slim leg, sit nicely on the ankle, and not very expensive either (think mine were £20ish)

BadlyDrawnBuoy Sun 08-Jan-17 20:50:02

Banana republic are great quality & look good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now