Talk

Advanced search

Handbag help please

(30 Posts)
GatherlyGal Sun 08-Jan-17 12:02:05

I need some S&B expertise.

I am looking for a handbag. I can spend up to about £500 but possibly a bit more for something amazing.

I would love tan / brown colour and it must be soft leather so not a solid saddlebag type. I always wear bags across body so strap needs to be long enough.

the difficulty I'm having is the size - i have looked at the mulberry small bayswater which is about the right size but I don't love it (which is a problem at that price) but lots of others seems to be too small or too big.

Any suggestions very welcome - I've done a trawl of House of Fraser and Selfidges but nothing jumped out and I'm lacking inspiration.

GatherlyGal Sun 08-Jan-17 17:01:36

No one?

Oh well I guess it is a bit boring and has been done many times before smile

I do remember past threads with some really good links to smaller brands but I can't find them. Searches seem to bring up older threads only.

Any suggestions of where to look very welcome.

whitesklyer Sun 08-Jan-17 17:24:55

What about this lovely? I bought it last year in a different colour and its the best bag I have owned. Seriously thinking about getting it in black if I can find one

GatherlyGal Sun 08-Jan-17 17:34:28

Thanks whiteskyler it is lovely indeed but I was hoping for something a bit more soft and squishy.

Size is good though.

Cheesymonster Sun 08-Jan-17 18:00:40

My favourite bag brand is Fossil. I just bought the Emerson satchel which has a cross body strap.

www.fossil.com/uk/en/products/emerson-satchel-sku-zb6458p.html

Lovely soft leather - this style does come in a smaller size (the medium) if this is too big.

TSSDNCOP Sun 08-Jan-17 18:06:31

MUlberry Tessie tote in Oxblood.

Itdoesntreallybotherme Sun 08-Jan-17 18:07:13

https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwiviOTYkbPRAhWGt8AKHc9dAHQYABAY&sig=AOD642O19TJlAbvZ34mYSc07-FuHdTfFA&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwi7jtfYkbPRAhVhh_4MKHYHxCsMQwjwIzwE&adurl=

Itdoesntreallybotherme Sun 08-Jan-17 18:10:07

https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjImMackrPRAhVGuMAKHVCKAGYYABAB&sig=AOD64_3Rb1qtOPS6atcmxBcf12Myf6HpwQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjSqMSckrPRAhXE5IMKHcl-B8oQwzwIGw&adurl=

civilfawlty Sun 08-Jan-17 18:11:07

I really think Harriet Sanders is a great bag designer.

BumWad Sun 08-Jan-17 18:12:36

Second Fossil bags. You could buy 3 for the amount you want to spend! I have the Emerson smaller cross body satchel. The leather is lovely.

RubyPumps Sun 08-Jan-17 18:21:05

How about a Meli Melo Thela? They come in different sizes...s/m/L and you can use them as different shapes (difficult to explain!). Here's a link to the large tan but they come on lots different colors:

www.melimelo.com/products/tan-cervo-tote-thela-bag

ChishandFips33 Sun 08-Jan-17 18:24:39

Fossil here too!

I have the fossil cargo in black and another in a cross between tan/coral

Gorgeously soft, strong and spacious without being overly big as it folds over when not full

Holds iPad/kindle and a4 note pad when needed

ChishandFips33 Sun 08-Jan-17 18:25:08

Cargo

pinkandpurplesparkle Sun 08-Jan-17 18:40:38

Mulberry
Effie Satchel ?
or Daria (I have this in black, bought in the sale last summer and absolutely love it - very soft and squashy)
or the Daria Hobo
or the Tessie satchel

Cheesymonster Sun 08-Jan-17 18:58:46

How about this

another fossil

missmartha Sun 08-Jan-17 18:58:48

Another Fossil fan. I'm using one today. I've forgotten it's name, but it's a satchel type bad, lovely leather, beautifully made and just a great bag.
I bought it at the end of November, so it's a new bag.

Gillybobs Sun 08-Jan-17 19:53:09

Coach handbags for me...amazing quality and classic styles. I have this in black and love it...currently half price uk.coach.com/coach-designer-purses-scout-hobo-in-pebble-leather/34312.html?dwvar_color=SV%2FSD&index=5

Note3 Sun 08-Jan-17 19:54:38

Have you tried fenwicks? They have lovely bags

ImYourMama Sun 08-Jan-17 19:56:36

Mulberry tessie tote
Mulberry daria hobo
Mulberry Alexa

aniceearlynight Sun 08-Jan-17 19:59:39

Slouchy crossbody from Plumo - looks suitably soft and squidgy:

www.plumo.com/products/Bell-bag.html

GatherlyGal Sun 08-Jan-17 20:18:19

Some lovlies there

I do like Fossil but I sometimes find the bags a bit stiff but maybe they soften with use?
aniceearlynight I love that but I'm not sure the colour will go with everything.

Love the Coach Scout Gillybobs .

ALso this is fab www.harrietsanders.co.uk/product/tan-classic-handbag/. Never heard of Harriet Sanders before.

The Mulberry ones are lovely but I do struggle with the price - are they really worth so much more?

This is lovely too www.melimelo.com/collections/2016-holiday-sale/products/halo-mini-tan-and-contrast-stitching

Lots to look at.

GatherlyGal Sun 08-Jan-17 20:20:13

Just seen the Chloe one Itreallydoesntbotherme bloody hell its fab.

AgathaMystery Sun 08-Jan-17 20:30:04

Have you looked at the mulberry Alexas on NaughtiPidgins Nest? Giver her a Google maybe. Her stuff is top notch.

seefeld Sun 08-Jan-17 20:58:34

Have you looked at Mimi Berry? www.mimiberry.co.uk/collections/women-bags

pinkandpurplesparkle Sun 08-Jan-17 21:41:58

Love that Coach one Gillybobs

Mulberry bags are gorgeous (as are others of course) - I bought one because I'd always wanted one - I wouldn't feel comfortable paying full price for them though - and even in the sale, some are beyond what I can reconcile to myself...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now