Talk

Advanced search

Handbag help please

(30 Posts)
GatherlyGal Sun 08-Jan-17 12:02:05

I need some S&B expertise.

I am looking for a handbag. I can spend up to about £500 but possibly a bit more for something amazing.

I would love tan / brown colour and it must be soft leather so not a solid saddlebag type. I always wear bags across body so strap needs to be long enough.

the difficulty I'm having is the size - i have looked at the mulberry small bayswater which is about the right size but I don't love it (which is a problem at that price) but lots of others seems to be too small or too big.

Any suggestions very welcome - I've done a trawl of House of Fraser and Selfidges but nothing jumped out and I'm lacking inspiration.

GatherlyGal Sun 08-Jan-17 17:01:36

No one?

Oh well I guess it is a bit boring and has been done many times before smile

I do remember past threads with some really good links to smaller brands but I can't find them. Searches seem to bring up older threads only.

Any suggestions of where to look very welcome.

whitesklyer Sun 08-Jan-17 17:24:55

What about this lovely? I bought it last year in a different colour and its the best bag I have owned. Seriously thinking about getting it in black if I can find one

GatherlyGal Sun 08-Jan-17 17:34:28

Thanks whiteskyler it is lovely indeed but I was hoping for something a bit more soft and squishy.

Size is good though.

Cheesymonster Sun 08-Jan-17 18:00:40

My favourite bag brand is Fossil. I just bought the Emerson satchel which has a cross body strap.

www.fossil.com/uk/en/products/emerson-satchel-sku-zb6458p.html

Lovely soft leather - this style does come in a smaller size (the medium) if this is too big.

TSSDNCOP Sun 08-Jan-17 18:06:31

MUlberry Tessie tote in Oxblood.

Itdoesntreallybotherme Sun 08-Jan-17 18:07:13

https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwiviOTYkbPRAhWGt8AKHc9dAHQYABAY&sig=AOD642O19TJlAbvZ34mYSc07-FuHdTfFA&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwi7jtfYkbPRAhVhh_4MKHYHxCsMQwjwIzwE&adurl=

Itdoesntreallybotherme Sun 08-Jan-17 18:10:07

https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjImMackrPRAhVGuMAKHVCKAGYYABAB&sig=AOD64_3Rb1qtOPS6atcmxBcf12Myf6HpwQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjSqMSckrPRAhXE5IMKHcl-B8oQwzwIGw&adurl=

civilfawlty Sun 08-Jan-17 18:11:07

I really think Harriet Sanders is a great bag designer.

BumWad Sun 08-Jan-17 18:12:36

Second Fossil bags. You could buy 3 for the amount you want to spend! I have the Emerson smaller cross body satchel. The leather is lovely.

RubyPumps Sun 08-Jan-17 18:21:05

How about a Meli Melo Thela? They come in different sizes...s/m/L and you can use them as different shapes (difficult to explain!). Here's a link to the large tan but they come on lots different colors:

www.melimelo.com/products/tan-cervo-tote-thela-bag

ChishandFips33 Sun 08-Jan-17 18:24:39

Fossil here too!

I have the fossil cargo in black and another in a cross between tan/coral

Gorgeously soft, strong and spacious without being overly big as it folds over when not full

Holds iPad/kindle and a4 note pad when needed

ChishandFips33 Sun 08-Jan-17 18:25:08

Cargo

pinkandpurplesparkle Sun 08-Jan-17 18:40:38

Mulberry
Effie Satchel ?
or Daria (I have this in black, bought in the sale last summer and absolutely love it - very soft and squashy)
or the Daria Hobo
or the Tessie satchel

Cheesymonster Sun 08-Jan-17 18:58:46

How about this

another fossil

missmartha Sun 08-Jan-17 18:58:48

Another Fossil fan. I'm using one today. I've forgotten it's name, but it's a satchel type bad, lovely leather, beautifully made and just a great bag.
I bought it at the end of November, so it's a new bag.

Gillybobs Sun 08-Jan-17 19:53:09

Coach handbags for me...amazing quality and classic styles. I have this in black and love it...currently half price uk.coach.com/coach-designer-purses-scout-hobo-in-pebble-leather/34312.html?dwvar_color=SV%2FSD&index=5

Note3 Sun 08-Jan-17 19:54:38

Have you tried fenwicks? They have lovely bags

ImYourMama Sun 08-Jan-17 19:56:36

Mulberry tessie tote
Mulberry daria hobo
Mulberry Alexa

aniceearlynight Sun 08-Jan-17 19:59:39

Slouchy crossbody from Plumo - looks suitably soft and squidgy:

www.plumo.com/products/Bell-bag.html

GatherlyGal Sun 08-Jan-17 20:18:19

Some lovlies there

I do like Fossil but I sometimes find the bags a bit stiff but maybe they soften with use?
aniceearlynight I love that but I'm not sure the colour will go with everything.

Love the Coach Scout Gillybobs .

ALso this is fab www.harrietsanders.co.uk/product/tan-classic-handbag/. Never heard of Harriet Sanders before.

The Mulberry ones are lovely but I do struggle with the price - are they really worth so much more?

This is lovely too www.melimelo.com/collections/2016-holiday-sale/products/halo-mini-tan-and-contrast-stitching

Lots to look at.

GatherlyGal Sun 08-Jan-17 20:20:13

Just seen the Chloe one Itreallydoesntbotherme bloody hell its fab.

AgathaMystery Sun 08-Jan-17 20:30:04

Have you looked at the mulberry Alexas on NaughtiPidgins Nest? Giver her a Google maybe. Her stuff is top notch.

seefeld Sun 08-Jan-17 20:58:34

Have you looked at Mimi Berry? www.mimiberry.co.uk/collections/women-bags

pinkandpurplesparkle Sun 08-Jan-17 21:41:58

Love that Coach one Gillybobs

Mulberry bags are gorgeous (as are others of course) - I bought one because I'd always wanted one - I wouldn't feel comfortable paying full price for them though - and even in the sale, some are beyond what I can reconcile to myself...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: