Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Rebecca Minkoff bags?

(16 Posts)
Dulcimena Sun 08-Jan-17 11:56:11

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with this brand. I'm trying to replace a much-loved bag that's falling apart a bit and have found a close replacement by Rebecca Minkoff at The Outnet, but no idea about quality etc. Are they generally well made, worth the money, durable, etc?

CookieLady Sun 08-Jan-17 11:59:32

I have two. Love, love them.

Dulcimena Sun 08-Jan-17 13:03:22

Thank you.

Leviticus Sun 08-Jan-17 18:09:17

I have one I bought second hand on eBay. It's well made, I'd buy another.

user1471428075 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:32:50

I have a Regan satchel which is great. Good quality and solidly made. My only gripe is the cross body strap - it's not flimsy, but I was expecting it to be thicker- I'd definitely still recommend though

desperatehousewife2 Sun 08-Jan-17 22:12:59

I have a second hand satchel from eBay. Love it, great quality

PNGirl Sun 08-Jan-17 22:51:14

I have 3 - I love mine. I'd say they're not worth full price though as my small Mini 5 Zip and Mini Macs are about $200 new and I paid around £70 which felt like good value.

Canters15 Mon 09-Jan-17 07:31:52

I have one, it's lovely. Would recommend.

Cheesymonster Mon 09-Jan-17 09:42:45

I have some of the "old school" designs from years ago. A Morning After bag (lovely but heavy) and a Darling and a Mini Nikki (since sold). Very well made thick leather but I don't know about the newer styles. Have a look on the Purse Forum website. There is a Rebecca Minkoff forum where you can ask questions, compare photos etc.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Mon 09-Jan-17 09:57:43

I have a mini 5-zip (bought full price from Selfridges years ago, but I wanted it so much!). It's lovely - good design, well made, not like anything else out there. I think her bags are probably similar quality and price point to Michael Kors but they are more original designs. Mine is quite soft leather but I'd imagine a larger bag would be more hardwearing.

MassDebate Mon 09-Jan-17 10:54:51

Going against the grain of the thread so far but I have one which I got for work and have been very unimpressed with the quality - the cross-body strap broke after about 2 months and although I replaced that (with one from another bag) and kept using it, I just felt the bag wasn't wearing well. I've since replaced it with something different after about 15 months' use. I typically get a lot more wear than that from work bags so it was disappointing for me.

Cheesymonster Mon 09-Jan-17 11:04:49

That's a shame Mass - is it a new style? I have heard that the quality has gone downhill in her newer designs. Mine is from 2011 and the leather is so thick I'm sure I could throw it off a cliff and it wouldn't be damaged. I know they're a US brand but I wonder if there is any customer service in the UK (if that's where you are) who could repair/replace?

Dulcimena Mon 09-Jan-17 11:28:05

This is really helpful, thanks so much. I'm looking at the Astor, which is basically a pretty boring cross body small saddle bag, but is the closest thing to the one I have and love. Interesting about the pricing, the outnet price now feels a bit too expensive (especially when I saw it had been reduced to £80ish on the Rebecca Minkoff site! envy).

Any suggestions for something similar? It must have a really long strap, most of the ones I've seen have been too short. 130cm absolute minimum, 140 better.

MassDebate Mon 09-Jan-17 12:05:15

Mine is newish Cheesy - I got it in September 2015 from the Outnet. It was about £160ish iirc and with hindsight that was overpriced. I think if it had been under £100 I wouldn't be so unimpressed. My previous workbags were Marc Jacobs and lasted really well so it probably suffered by comparison tbh.

McWeedie Mon 09-Jan-17 21:18:37

Check out TK Maxx they've got a cobolt blue one that looks very similar

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Thu 21-Sep-17 23:15:37

I'm eyeing a Rebecca Minkoff regan satchel. It's on sale around £123. Is it worth that price?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now