Talk

Advanced search

How do you get your teeth super clean

(17 Posts)
MandyFl0ss Sun 08-Jan-17 11:54:34

without damaging your gums?

Gotta get my teeth cleaner before I see the hygienist!! Too embarrassed!!

AFierceBadRabbit Sun 08-Jan-17 12:03:59

I always do see a difference when i floss more regularly in conjunction with using eucryl.
It isn't just aimed at smokers, it really does a great job at sprucing them up whatever you do.

Think you're only meant to use it twice a week though.

Oh, and a possible quick fix for a few days/week would be brushing with bicarb of soda. All inexpensive!

JanetStWalker Sun 08-Jan-17 13:09:07

Use those TePe interdental brushes every day religiously, does wonders for gum health without eroding.

Think about investing in a Philips Sonicare toothbrush if you don't have one already, teeth feel much cleaner using that than an ordinary manual toothbrush.

XiCi Sun 08-Jan-17 13:12:10

Definitely use the TePe brushes. Makes a massive difference

rubybleu Sun 08-Jan-17 13:23:54

Honestly, just go straight to the hygienist. They've seen every level of cleaning & they can give you good advice on what you need to do in the future.

Bobochic Sun 08-Jan-17 13:27:45

I bought a sonic toothbrush recently that is very gentle on gums - an Issa Foreo - which I use with Elgydium toothpaste. I also floss.

HalfaFishFingerAndTwoPeas Sun 08-Jan-17 13:44:50

Oil pulling

Motherfuckers Sun 08-Jan-17 14:08:13

Interdental bases and a waterpik.

PollyPerky Sun 08-Jan-17 14:59:57

teepee brushes daily and electric toothbrush.
Don't floss. it's old hat now and latest advice is to use brushes (teepee) and really wiggle them around the gaps. Then brush, rinse etc.

MandyFl0ss Sun 08-Jan-17 17:13:20

Thank you everyone, I'll be looking up the products you have mentioned. Regarding teepee, I have tried them in the past but there are no gaps between my teeth whatsoever and can't get them in. Or am I doing it wrong?

HeyMacWey Sun 08-Jan-17 18:04:31

You probably need the smallest size teepee brushes. Ask your hygienist to recommend the ones that fit you best. Most people need a variety of sizes (I use yellow, blue and orange).

Hopefully Sun 08-Jan-17 20:04:21

Oil pulling, but it takes a while to make a difference. After 6 months I had tons of people asking if I'd had whitening done.

LittleOyster Sun 08-Jan-17 21:56:07

Really interested to hear that oil pulling works. Which oils do you use, Hopefully and HalfaFishFinger?

hairymuffet Sun 08-Jan-17 22:04:33

Coconut oil

LittleOyster Sun 08-Jan-17 22:09:38

Ooh, thanks.

UnoriginalNN Sun 08-Jan-17 23:20:51

Waterpik, all the way. I am a convert and my mouth feels SO much better for it. £45 on Amazon.

CHJR Tue 10-Jan-17 19:20:14

Are your teeth really dirty? Or is it just they're yellow or stained? If the latter, don't feel bad, this is where you ask the dentist if it's something you're drinking (coffee, red wine) or genetic (like me sad) and if anything can be done about it? I so wish bleaching kits could help my naturally very yellow teeth but apparently I'm a hopeless case, my dentist still compliments me though on the cleanness of them... which is no consolation!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now