Talk

Advanced search

Help with updating work wardrobe!

(11 Posts)
Ditsyprint40 Sun 08-Jan-17 08:47:46

Mine is feeling pretty bland at the moment. Usual attire is black or navy trousers with different tops /tops with cardigans. need to update my wardrobe now but can't find what with! I've been looking for new tops but want either long sleeved or something to go under a cardigan/jacket. Dress code is smart casual. The catch is im petite. Any ideas?

chanie44 Sun 08-Jan-17 10:46:58

I'm really into dresses at the moment. Dorothy Perkins have dresses which I think could do for work (smart casual) plus they have a petite range.

chanie44 Sun 08-Jan-17 11:21:47

U

srtajuanita Sun 08-Jan-17 11:33:50

I think anything with bell, gathered or split sleeves looks quite modern at the moment. All over the high street.

LiefieLiefie Sun 08-Jan-17 12:17:24

I've been looking for the same and found that Mango Outlet have absolutely tons for between £10-£20. Lots of neutral colours that will go with any bottoms.

srtajuanita Sun 08-Jan-17 17:33:10

Also, Tu at Sainsburys is very good for workwear. I can't link on phone but they have a "new for the office" article.

girlelephant Sun 08-Jan-17 17:36:07

I love Debenhams for work stuff and they have a petite range smile. Reasonably priced even without sales & good quality

srtajuanita Sun 08-Jan-17 17:36:10

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/c/women/women-premium

This sort of thing x

srtajuanita Sun 08-Jan-17 17:40:52

Finally:

http://www.vogue.co.uk/gallery/ms-ss17-the-vogue-verdict

whirlygirly Sun 08-Jan-17 17:43:19

Jersey dresses. I have loads. All dark, neutral colours bought from places like the White Company in the sales or from eBay. I wear with cardigans, blazers, tights and loafers in winter and scarves and sandals in summer.

Wish I'd discovered them years ago. It's genuinely the most comfortable way to look smart I've ever found.

Ditsyprint40 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:49:54

Thanks all, just having a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now