Talk

Advanced search

Itchy scalp

(11 Posts)
WestYorkshireGirl Sat 07-Jan-17 22:30:33

Have tried various things for this (including the Tar stuff from GP), but nothing seems to work. Currently using E45 shampoo but doesn't calm it unless I use it all the time but it makes my hair look rubbish. No dandruff or flaky bits just really itchy areas all over. Any advice? Thanks

OliviaBonas Sat 07-Jan-17 22:33:59

I use moo goo and it's the only thing that's ever worked for me.

Also limiting how much bread I eat helps too.

Thegirlisnotright Sat 07-Jan-17 23:16:45

Sounds random, but when you wash your hair try to only use your palms/flat fingers. I found once I'd done this for a few washes it really helped. Must be something to do with not damanging the scalp with fingernails.

WestYorkshireGirl Tue 10-Jan-17 07:47:27

Thanks both. Olivia - what product do you buy from Moo goo?

myfavouritecolourispurple Tue 10-Jan-17 08:10:39

I found coal tar shampoo helped mine.

Funnily enough I don't really get it now so it must have been something in the local water.

myfavouritecolourispurple Tue 10-Jan-17 08:12:45

Sorry, I forgot to say that as well as coal tar shampoo, I also tried products by Klorane: www.klorane.co.uk/hair/

They don't do what I used anymore but you could try the oat or chinese peony shampoos. the latter is specifically for an itchy scalp - and oats are good for itchy skin generally.

DancingHouse Tue 10-Jan-17 08:19:32

Not using shampoos with SLS helped mine. I only use a clarifying shampoo once every couple of weeks now.

stopgap Tue 10-Jan-17 12:34:56

Rinse your scalp afterwards with a small amount of apple cider vinegar.

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 10-Jan-17 12:46:12

I've had this recently and so have swapped from Aussie shampoo to Body Shop Ginger shampoo as recommended on MN. It seems to be working!

sanitygirl Thu 12-Jan-17 12:23:13

I have this problem. Any shampoo with SLS is a no go, and unfortunately even Moogoo shampoo made my scalp itch. The one that works best for me is Oilatum Daily Junior Shampoo.

MrsBodger Thu 12-Jan-17 12:26:42

I'm another convert to Body Shop Ginger shampoo - for years I had trouble with an itchy scalp, sometimes dandruff, and also I have eczema. I've been using this for over a year now and it's really great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now