Talk

Advanced search

Navy suit for work, it's winter and cold what boots/shoes do you wear?

(20 Posts)
Mrstumbletap Sat 07-Jan-17 20:56:59

I am really struggling to find flat shoes or boots to wear with my navy suit.

Having googled it's seems that the Internet thinks only men wear suits. And it's easy just to put brown shoes with a mans suit.

It's just a H&M suit so nothing fancy or expensive but it looks smart. I have navy pumps but they are freeeeezing.

Help!!

banivani Sat 07-Jan-17 21:03:06

Is it the colour that's throwing you or the type of shoe/boot?

Bravas Sat 07-Jan-17 21:16:20

I wear either silver (could replace with grey if don't want metallic) or tan loafers or brogues.

There's some nice dull bronze brogues in the Clarks sale at the moment that would look nice with navy.

dramaqueen Sat 07-Jan-17 21:16:29

i don't wear navy suits in the winter for just that reason ....<helpful>

Believeitornot Sat 07-Jan-17 21:17:26

I wear a skirt suit and get ankle boots with very thick tights. In black. Looks fab.

I rarely wear trousers in winter. My legs don't get that cold.

banivani Sat 07-Jan-17 21:25:48

Burgundy/wine red can be nice too!

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 07-Jan-17 21:35:32

I wear burgundy/wine coloured Mary Jane type shoes with most colours (mainly navy, brown and charcoal)

Mrstumbletap Sun 08-Jan-17 09:51:35

I think it's the colour of the suit that's throwing me off yes, as I have lots of black suits and have black ankle boots with just a tiny heel that are really comfy, keep my feet warm and look fine. But I can't wear those lovely ankle boots with a navy suit.

Do you think brown/bronze brogues then? Won't they look a bit like a mans shoe? Or burgundy, ankle boot or shoe?

What is a Mary Jane shoe? <off to google it>

Mrstumbletap Sun 08-Jan-17 09:52:26

Believeitornot you wear black tights with a navy skirt suit? What colour shoes?

PhyllisWig Sun 08-Jan-17 09:54:50

I have that suit I think - it's quite good for the price isn't it!

I have some navy suede ankle boots and some tan leather ankle boots. Probably a bit mumsy but meh, smart and comfy.

Believeitornot Sun 08-Jan-17 09:56:01

I have navy shoes but they're snakeskin type so looks ok. Or black leather ankle boots.

I think black and navy works well, especially if they're different textures.

Dafspunk Sun 08-Jan-17 09:59:14

I have denim ankle boots that I wear with navy clothes. But I'm happy to be avant garde dress code-wise.

SloanyAnne Sun 08-Jan-17 09:59:39

Black and navy are great together if it's a proper navy.

LittleBearPad Sun 08-Jan-17 10:07:24

Just wear black. I'm perplexed as to why this is tricky.

EmmaWoodlouse Sun 08-Jan-17 10:19:58

I think burgundy would be best, but black would be OK if you can't or don't want to have too many pairs.

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 08-Jan-17 20:57:10

Can't find my shoes online. Found these though - I would definitely wear them.

http://m.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/wide-fit-shoes-and-boots/wide-fit-burgundy-suedette-lace-up-heels_390636161

SpeckleDust Sun 08-Jan-17 21:07:49

I wear these these with my navy work trousers (but I am not a fashion icon grin).

Mrstumbletap Sun 08-Jan-17 22:26:12

Littlebearpad black with navy. Ahh that would make my eyes bleed, it would be like wearing a black bra under a white shirt grin

LittleBearPad Sun 08-Jan-17 23:10:09

No, it really wouldn't in the same way. Your shoes aren't right next to your clothes and aren't a bra showing through a shirt.

banivani Mon 09-Jan-17 12:19:21

I'm wearing black and navy today. grin Even in this little write-up of vintage approaches to navy they mention pairing navy and black www.chronicallyvintage.com/2015/03/how-to-wear-navy-blue.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now