Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What shoes with new navy suit?

(23 Posts)
flock Wed 21-Feb-07 21:36:16

Have just bought a navy suit from Jigsaw for my impending return to work.
I haven't worn navy in ages... bought it because it fits v. well, makes a change from black and was in the sale.
BUT am now suffering buyer's remorse, especially as I don't know what shoes to wear with it - is black OK? If not, what are the alternatives?
Suspect I'm feeling anxious about this because of going back to work as much as anything, but I do want to feel that this (fairly major for me!) purchase was a good one...

fashionsista Wed 21-Feb-07 21:39:42

It has to be black or neutral beige leather would look good too.

fishie Wed 21-Feb-07 21:40:56

what have you got to wear with it? navy can be really good, much less harsh than black but a bit of colour is nice to stop you looking too uniformy.

controlfreakydave Wed 21-Feb-07 21:43:26

that's why i never buy a navy suit..... ther's always a trick shoe issue..... and that's before you start worrying about the tights.... black shoes and black tights and navy suit?? nooooooo. maybe natural shoes and tights would be fine.... depends on look / uniform you need for work

flock Wed 21-Feb-07 22:09:05

Oh thank you - I have black shoes!
It's a trouser suit and I tend to wear flattish shoes and boots, so there won't be acres of black on show to look odd with the navy (agree that black shoes and black tights might)
Have some tops that I think will go, mainly blues and greens (don't worry, not planning to wear them together!)so am less worried about that...

flock Wed 21-Feb-07 22:09:06

Oh thank you - I have black shoes!
It's a trouser suit and I tend to wear flattish shoes and boots, so there won't be acres of black on show to look odd with the navy (agree that black shoes and black tights might)
Have some tops that I think will go, mainly blues and greens (don't worry, not planning to wear them together!)so am less worried about that...

fishie Wed 21-Feb-07 22:12:41

flocky if it trouser suit shoes aren't really a worry at all so long as they aren't grey loafers or carpet slippers.

flock Wed 21-Feb-07 22:16:08

Clearly even more anxious than I thought, since I was so relieved I posted twice...
Thanks Fishie, you are wonderfully calming. I shall put the carpet slippers away.

Alva Thu 22-Feb-07 11:14:52

What about dark brown?

Aloha Thu 22-Feb-07 11:19:46

In spring a white vest top plus tan sandals would look pretty.

greenday Thu 22-Feb-07 11:21:28

Black shoes will do. But methinks, dark brown leather shoes will complement your suit much better.

JackieNo Thu 22-Feb-07 11:22:48

I agree - I think dark brown or neutral shoes would be good.

Aloha Thu 22-Feb-07 11:23:06

I don't like shoes with suit trousers though, I prefer boots. Then sandals in spring.

LaCerbiatta Thu 22-Feb-07 11:42:03

Wouldn't these look nice? And they're so cheap as well. I think green, lime green is great with navy. But other than that definitely brown, don't like black.

flock Thu 22-Feb-07 12:49:49

Tugamommy, those are lovely! Agree that green and navy can look amazing. Will try brown/tan/neutral as well as black - good to ahve options - and investigate those lovely green ones...

fishie Thu 22-Feb-07 21:40:32

more shoes for you

flock Thu 22-Feb-07 22:23:28

They're pretty too - thank you!

anniemac Fri 23-Feb-07 10:29:19

Message withdrawn

NurseyJo Fri 23-Feb-07 10:29:55

Message withdrawn

anniemac Fri 23-Feb-07 10:29:58

Message withdrawn

anniemac Fri 23-Feb-07 10:30:39

Message withdrawn

newmummy01 Fri 23-Feb-07 11:02:54

What about navy shoes and boots? They've been hard to get hold of in the past but I did manage to get a pair of both in the last year to go with my suits. Next had both at a last look.

anniemac Fri 23-Feb-07 11:10:56

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now