Talk

Advanced search

Blind hair dye (salon) instead of highlights

(7 Posts)
LostAtTheFair Sat 07-Jan-17 19:09:19

I'm hoping for some advice on hair colour. I have been getting blonde highlights on my sandy hair for around 20 years (yikes!). Lately however it's not looking as good as it used to especially at the roots and the temple where it is looking dark at the roots and sides only 4-5 weeks after the last full head of highlights. It might be an ageing thing but I think it's also that there is a build up of old highlights in the longer hair but near the scalp there has not been a build up of colour and then it is only the highlighted strands that are coloured.

Do anyone have any advice? I'm wondering about getting my hair dyed st the salon with highlights put on over it. Is this a thing? What is it called?

In terms of overall effect, I'd love Gwyneth Paltrow's hair colour (not asking much)! I'm happy to go for regular appointments

LostAtTheFair Sat 07-Jan-17 19:13:17

Just noticed the typo in the title - I meant to say "blonde" rather than "blind" - apologies

LostAtTheFair Mon 09-Jan-17 20:42:20

Bumping for evening traffic

jelliedeel Mon 09-Jan-17 22:18:33

I had this a few times as I didn't like my natural mousey hair colour. I had a full tint with highlights on top. It was excruciatingly expensive so I had to stop as they charge for each step of the process, not surprisingly.

DucksSake Mon 09-Jan-17 22:22:57

Maybe your hairdresser isn't packing the foils in close enough together so you can see more of your natural colour ?
Maybe ask for more foils so the highlights are closer together and for her to go to the root as close as possible ( obviously avoiding the bleach seeping)
My hair has got a lot darker since having DD for some reason and I've had to have a lot more highlights to keep it the same colour.

321zerobaby Mon 09-Jan-17 22:24:13

Its not an uncommon requests, foils with a tint or semi permanent around them, usually because of grey. I have this done every 8 weeks, and a root tint with a semi permanent every 4 weeks. I am very grey though. Doesn't cost the earth either, but I got to a reasonably priced salon.

LostAtTheFair Mon 09-Jan-17 23:04:24

Thanks all that's exactly what I need

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now