Talk

Advanced search

Any Benefit fans?

(30 Posts)
RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sat 07-Jan-17 15:38:12

Just wondering what the difference is between Boing and Erase Paste. Also, does anybody use Gimme Brow?

AgathaMystery Sat 07-Jan-17 15:58:17

I think they are pretty similar - very heavy and cakey really. They do a coverup in a tube now that (for me) is better.

Gimme brow is good - esp the new one!

Euphemia Sat 07-Jan-17 16:24:37

I use Gimme Brow and I love it. I have sparse brows, which look patchy after dying. Gimme Brow plus Benefit brow pencil make me have proper brows. smile

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sat 07-Jan-17 17:01:47

Thanks both.

I tried and liked a sample of Gimme Brow but wasn't sure if I liked it enough to justify the price of full size. How long does it last?

I prefer concealer in a pot, which is why I was looking at the two I mentioned. Might just stick to No 17 pot, as it's much cheaper!

TheLadyWithTheYellowHat Sat 07-Jan-17 17:08:20

Erase paste is brilliant for under eye bags, boing is more for everywhere else, tbh I use both together I have acne scarring and dark circles so together they get rid of them (God im making myself sound attractive grin) erase paste is literally a paste very thick. Gimmie brow is brilliant, you can kill two birds with one stone, daily brow brushing (which my beautician keeps telling me I have to do) and makes them darker

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sat 07-Jan-17 17:10:45

I like Gimme Brow, I have a sample that I am almost at an end of and will buy a full size one. I use a Soap & Glory concealer as I like a pot and it covers my red veiny bits and dark circles well.

DoIDareDisturbTheUniverse Sat 07-Jan-17 17:12:35

I use gimme brow and love it. Generally a very big Benefit fan (use their primer, foundation, etc) but struggled with the boing concealer - found a liquid one works much better for me!

joangray38 Sat 07-Jan-17 17:12:54

Essence does a similar brow product to gimme brow if you want to try a cheaper alternative before splurging on benefit one. Or look on eBay for a mini / travel size - Elle were giving them and other benefit brow products ages ago and a lot ended up on eBay

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sat 07-Jan-17 18:55:47

Thanks everyone.

I don't mind splurging, providing it will last a while and not run out after a month!

Think I'll give the eye ones a miss. I used to use the S&G and liked it but the pot kept breaking.

onthelevel Sat 07-Jan-17 20:21:33

Gimme Brow really is a good product, a very tiny mascara style brush perfect for adding definition to brows, I'm also a recent covert to their roller lash mascara again a very good brush giving great results.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sat 07-Jan-17 20:42:35

Rollerlash is brilliant - best mascara I've ever used.

Cherry321 Sat 07-Jan-17 20:46:46

Im a huge fan of Boing - but it does upset me that they market it as industrial concealer!! grin its great on spots, but probably too thick for shadows under eyes etc.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 07-Jan-17 20:55:38

A few months back there were quite a few magazines doing the brow product samples , I bought them all for DD to try out (cheaper than buying a load of full sized)
We also got a goody bag a while ago when she bought the primer mascara.(Had a mini Gimme Brow)

I found it fiddly to use at first , then looked online for the proper way to use it.

seefeld Sat 07-Jan-17 20:58:02

I know it's not exactly what you're asking but the Bobbi Brown concealer in a pot is excellent for under eye shadows and lasts all day. Plus it comes in loads of different shades.

ExcitedMamaToBe Sat 07-Jan-17 21:00:05

I love gimme brow! I use it with a powder palette and my brows stay in place all day. I never liked boing, I use a concealer from NYX

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sat 07-Jan-17 21:05:17

See Thanks. Will go and look at the Bobbi B. Do they give samples?

Will look at NYX too, Mama.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sat 07-Jan-17 21:06:18

Just seen how cheap the NYX one is, so I'll start with that one!

seefeld Sat 07-Jan-17 21:09:08

They do give samples just in case NYX doesn't work out

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sat 07-Jan-17 21:10:32

Thank you. smile

BusterGonad Sun 08-Jan-17 03:26:34

Boing is very thick and I personally think it only highlights the under eye area. Erase paste is softer and a bit reflective and is a good shade to conceal under eye issues. Of the two I'd buy erase paste for eyes and only use boing for spots, redness on the face.

FishlessCake Sun 08-Jan-17 06:51:17

I generally love benefit, I use their oxygen wow foundation and the powder, hoola bronzer and they're real mascara. Can't get on with boing but swear by gimme brow and the brow pencil and use them every day.

Alorsmum Sun 08-Jan-17 06:56:38

I find gimme brow makes my eyebrows look too thick. I know it's a popular look but mine remain defined, I just don't suit the thick brow look as they are naturally thin. I've tried loads of their eyebrow products but still use brow zings which I've used since about 1999.

Was gutted when I went to America recently and due to exchange rate shitness it was no cheaper to buy benefits products over there

BusterGonad Sun 08-Jan-17 06:59:05

I find that a brow powder/pencil looks better one shade lighter than your eyebrows. Mine are dark brown/black but I usually buy medium brown as I don't want dark scouse brows!

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sun 08-Jan-17 17:15:39

Looked at the NYX concealer today and thought it looked really good but they hadn't got my shade in stock (basically corpse pale) so I'll have to try again another day.

Think I'm going to get Gimmebrow.

winchesterfan Sun 08-Jan-17 19:42:32

I've tried both gimme brow and the brow gel from naybelline and I prefer the maybelline one! It's only £5.99 and the brow crayon is fab too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now