Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Primark alert - lovely black and white print cotton swing coat with BIG collar - £15

(11 Posts)
Davenid Wed 21-Feb-07 19:17:46

so many compliments already

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 09:18:12

good enough for spring wedding?

Davenid Thu 22-Feb-07 09:45:18

deffo

also good for pg ladies as only two big buttons at the top

pinkranger Thu 22-Feb-07 09:49:38

down to primark i go!

Am 14 weeks preg and need some new tops , dont want to pay a fortune remeber someone on here saying they had some nice stuff that " floats" I am massive for 14 weeks!!!

God Bless primark!

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 09:58:17

excellent, will investigate at the weekend

Had to go emergency clothes shopping in Tesco on Sunday as Best Jeans no longer did up - they have their summer stuff in, inc very nice chocolate sequinned kaftan tunic things at £15.

MrsBadger Sat 24-Feb-07 18:11:13

Can confirm the black and white mac is alarmingly desirable - it's even lined, and the buttons are covered and everything.
On the same rack are cropped swing jackets in some v good vivid colours and a good cream belted mac (also £15).

Also worth looking out for cute 1940s-ish linen blouses with puffed sleeves and tie belt for £5 in chocolate, cream, coral and green; and their light cotton caftan tops for the beach in a huge range of colours with v pretty beaded detail (top pick - brown with turquoise)

A lot of the other stuff is very 1960-s inspired jersey that put me in mind of the very worst of 60s and 70s maternitywear, right down to the peter pan collars. Tread carefully...

noddyholder Sat 24-Feb-07 18:13:58

Saw them in there too Very striking but the pattern is too recognisable as primark and the ones in our store had lots of loose threads

MrsBadger Sat 24-Feb-07 18:18:29

I'd envisaged wearing it to a posh spring wedding where no-one else woudl have dreamed of getting their outfit from Primark...

lucky I have no such wedding to go to, eh?

SueW Sat 24-Feb-07 18:39:36

Our Tesco never has anything decent.

Gemmasmummyplusoneintummy Mon 26-Feb-07 08:42:01

I bought one of the orange swing coats with huge buttons. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and it covers my bump nicely and I can still get into a size 12!! Was quite taken with the black and white ones too, but I thought it would clash with my patterned wrap dresses. It would be great with plain bottoms or jeans though.

FrannyandZooey Mon 26-Feb-07 09:01:43

oh godddddd

we have no primark

hmm can I convince dp to take me at the wk end

hmmmmmmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now