Talk

Advanced search

Epic UGGS fail - please help!!

(13 Posts)
Honeypot1 Fri 06-Jan-17 19:42:40

Evening all, I posted a few days ago in AIBU and am desperately looking for support in returning not one, but two pairs of Uggs! My AIBU is really wordy, so I'll try to be brief.
Pair 1 bought (after MN Swearsby threads!) Jan 2016. Received 22/01/16. Love. Love. Love. Brown, zipped. Comfy and biker-y. I love them so much so I decide to buy another pair. Resolve MN Swearsby is epic. Have agreed with loads of other recommendations.
Pair 2 bought in Black Friday Sale. Equal love, love. This pair, black, leather. Like a Chelsea boot. Wear two weeks and the heel "corking" (not sure what else to call it?!) is coming off noticeably on one boot, and a little on the other. I contact them, naively assuming we'd do a courier exchange.

Turn away now if you're an Ugg fan. This is where it gets ugly.

Boots bought directly from Uggs are not replaced without sending them off to them first, letting them judge whether you're a lying cheating skank assess them. They decide to replace them or refund. This takes average 6 weeks. So they have your money. They have your boots. Reluctantly I wave goodbye to Pair 2. I tell Uggs their return policy is really poor. I understand they want the pair for quality assurance, but other brands replace with courier and don't inconvenience the customer further. I could have been a loyal customer for decades but they're not treating my custom as valuable, so I tell them I'll take a refund and buy from another brand in future.

Thank goodness I have Pair 1 to see me through the next six weeks, right? I need to wait to buy a second pair because it's xmas, money's tight, and I'm £100+ worse off due to Pair 2! Then the zipper starts to go on Pair 1 over christmas. Completely breaks on one boot on NYE. Jan 3rd I take to cobblers to learn it will be £60 to repair. He notes the other boot's zip is "going" too, and that Uggs are famed for their pull-ons and their design on others are simply not as good. I can't afford £60 at the moment and, already aggrieved with the brand, and knowing I can't wear them, and that they have a one year warranty, I may as well send them back too!

Only, their warranty runs from date of PURCHASE. Not date of receipt. So although I've not even had one winter out of them (received late Jan), I have to go through the hoops of return, have no boots, wait for their judgement and then I may just get the same knackered old boots back!

I know this is not an AIBU thread, but if ANYONE can help, with experience of failings with Uggs, please can you let me know what my expectations should be? I've done some googling and I think zippers may be a problem? Also, my mum has put this awful thought in my head that the boots seem sub-standard (the AIBU thread said it was common for 4-8 years use and still look like new) and their customer service is odd too - am I sure I'm dealing with THE Uggs? Or have I purchased through a dodgy ghost-website?

I'm really lucky that this is the biggest thing on my mind at the moment (I know there are more pressing problems in life!) but I actually feel sick that I may have sent back £100+ boots so a pirate and my feet will freeze this winter!

Also, if anyone could recommend any other brands, please do! I'm looking for comfy, sturdy, warm and long-lasting. Style is important but comfort is too!

Ooh, and I have pictures of both boots if it helps?

Honeypot1 Fri 06-Jan-17 19:43:16

That wasn't very brief. Sorry blush

Bluntness100 Fri 06-Jan-17 19:45:14

Can you link to the site you bought from please?

Jonsnowsghost Fri 06-Jan-17 19:48:28

I don't have any boot recommendations (although I did just buy some amazing Dr. Martens in the sale - Chelsea boot type with a zip but they are kids as I'm a size 3!) But I also have some ugg leather Chelsea boots which did the same thing where some of the heel peeled away sad

I just carried wearing them though as I love them so much!

MadisonAvenue Fri 06-Jan-17 19:53:26

I've just looked on the Return and Exchange section on the Ugg website and it says is to allow 5 working days from when they receive the faulty item for the replacement to be sent or refund processed.

Ellapaella Fri 06-Jan-17 19:54:58

Not sure the pull on version are any better - I bought mine in May and by September one boot had ripped right the way up the seam at the back and are now unwearable. I didn't keep my receipt so £160 for boots I only wore for 5 months. Never again...

elvisola Fri 06-Jan-17 20:00:38

I had zip ups. The zip went after one wear. I was out of shop warranty and couldn't be bothered with the ugg return thing so took them to a cobbler who replaced the zip for £16.

Zip went again after 1 wear. Cobbler repaired. Wore twice. Zip went again cobbler replaced free of charge. Wore once zip went again, cobbler replaced foc. Zip went after 2 wears. Cobbler won't touch them again.

Only buy pull one now.

Honeypot1 Fri 06-Jan-17 20:01:08

Thanks ladies! The website is; www.ugg.com/uk/ When I called I to discuss Pair 2 I spoke to someone at +44 808 189 0015 but I've received no further info on them. She said it would take longer to process over xmas, which sounded right at the time, but now I'm properly worried. The line is closed now but I'll call first thing in the morning.

Ella, the AIBU thread had many happy customers who bought from Office and Schuh etc. It's so sad - who keeps receipts for something they love and trust isn't going to fall apart within a short timeframe?!

Honeypot1 Fri 06-Jan-17 20:02:35

Ooh, Elvis, where's your cobbler?! Mine says £30 PER ZIP (and there's signs the second boot is going do he recommended I get them both done at once)! Sorry you had a bad experience with them too!

Bluntness100 Fri 06-Jan-17 20:08:08

It looks like the official site. I wonder if the issue is because it's over a certain time line or the fact they are worn?

herecomesthsun Fri 06-Jan-17 20:12:18

right that saves me from getting those Grandles, thanks!

Honeypot1 Fri 06-Jan-17 20:36:16

Bluntness, yes, I think the sticking point is that they are worn. I assume (maybe wrongly?!) that if you purchase and change your mind, there isn't such a palaver?

They have a warranty from point of purchase but delivery takes 3 weeks, so it's not really a year's warranty in my eyes confused So when I say I'm unhappy and that I think they must be faulty (as all other other MNers have had them decades and still look like new!), they don't trust me need to assess for their own quality assurance standards.

Herecomes, it sounds to me like Uggs are either amazing and great value as £100+ will last years and years and still look new, or you're unlucky and then there are all types of hoops and loops to get through before resolution. Or you buy from a ghost website and never trust the web again! shock

May the Style and Beauty Gods be kind, and that I get Pair 2 refunded and Pair 1 repaired/refunded/replaced. And my faith in MN Swearsby is fully restored! wink

Honestly, all this happens as it just starts getting cold! Bleemin' typical! angry And we're skint after xmas so really can't indulge in another pair yet. So I'm wearing breathable bleeding trainers letting in all the cold air. I could cry.

Or open the wine grin

elvisola Fri 06-Jan-17 20:55:23

Same town Eastenders is filmed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now